Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Midland, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_1442.JPG

Midland, TX

Interstates: I-20
US Numbered Highways (<= 5mi): None

I-20:
To: Sweetwater, TX - 113 miles
Diversion: 1 mile
To: Cisco, TX - 198 miles

To: Amarillo, TX (TX-250, TX-349, US-87, I-27) - 243 miles
To: Ozona, TX (I-20, TX-158, TX-137, TX-163) - 123 miles
To: Fort Stockton, TX (I-20, TX-1053, I-10) - 99.8 miles
To: Childress, TX (I-20, TX-350, TX-2763, TX-208, US-180, TX-611, TX-70, TX-610, US-83, US-287) - 250 miles
To: Tucumcari, NM (TX-250, TX-158, TX-1788, US-385, TX-214, US-84, NM-209) - 288 miles
To: Santa Rosa, NM (TX-250, TX-158, TX-1788, US-385, TX-214, US-84) - 308 miles
To: Albuquerque, NM (TX-250, TX-158, TX-1788, US-385, TX-214, US-180, TX-106, TX-105, US-285, I-40) - 402 miles
To: Santa Fe, NM (TX-250, TX-158, TX-1788, US-385, TX-214, US-180, TX-106, TX-105, US-285, I-25) - 397 miles
To: Casa Grande, AZ (I-20, I-10) - 680 miles

_Only_ 680 miles ...

EDIT:
To: Columbus, TX (I-20, TX-158, US-87, TX-71, I-10) - 407 miles
To: Houston, TX (I-20, TX-158, US-87, TX-71, TX-29, US-183, US-290, TX-8, I-45) - 479 miles

Last edited:
Reactions: BerTX
The directions that the nav system gives to this supercharger are the worst. They had me do a loop around the overpass before dumping me in the middle of the intersection and leaving me to my own devices. Then the web site says it's at Love's, so then, without any further directions, I saw the loves down the access road and went there, only to realize I was at the Love's truck stop and would have to get back on the road to find the Love's for cars, and when I did *that* I thought the entire charging location had been ICEd because all the spots were full, but no, the charging station is actually on the *other* side, in the lot for the hotel there. Yeah, I got charged, but what a mess.

If you look in google maps, the locations are all over the damn place. The satellite view is fun too as it only shows a dirt lot.
Google Maps

The directions that the nav system gives to this supercharger are the worst. They had me do a loop around the overpass before dumping me in the middle of the intersection and leaving me to my own devices. Then the web site says it's at Love's, so then, without any further directions, I saw the loves down the access road and went there, only to realize I was at the Love's truck stop and would have to get back on the road to find the Love's for cars, and when I did *that* I thought the entire charging location had been ICEd because all the spots were full, but no, the charging station is actually on the *other* side, in the lot for the hotel there. Yeah, I got charged, but what a mess.

If you look in google maps, the locations are all over the damn place. The satellite view is fun too as it only shows a dirt lot.
Google Maps

Thanks for the info!

You can move the pin in google maps. Do "suggest an edit" and under the address there is an update pin location option.

I used this supercharger a couple days ago, or at least I attempted to use it.

I tried 4 different stalls, all with different numbers, therefore testing all supercharger cabinets. Every single one of them immediately spiked up to 115+kW and then crashed back down to 0 kW. So with each cycle I was adding about 20-30 Rated Miles, but then I had to unplug and start over. I think I was also able to push STOP CHARGE and then START CHARGE on the app, but either way it was super annoying. One time it started charging again on its own after dropping to zero.

I had a similar experience at Lincoln, Nebraska (every stall was basically the same as in Midland except it crashed down to 20-30 kW instead of 0) today so I suppose it could be some issue with my car, but on the other hand, I've charged at something like 20 other superchargers on this trip without any real issues, so I doubt it's the car.

Reactions: DriverOne
I used this supercharger a couple days ago, or at least I attempted to use it.

I tried 4 different stalls, all with different numbers, therefore testing all supercharger cabinets. Every single one of them immediately spiked up to 115+kW and then crashed back down to 0 kW.... I've charged at something like 20 other superchargers on this trip without any real issues, so I doubt it's the car.

I was in West Texas on June 18 and 19. El paso worked OK, all the others (Van Horn, Midland, Ozona, Junction) were flakey with some stalls dead, or spiking up and then ramping down and having tome to other stalls, etc. Talked to other owners and all were experiencing the same problems at these locations.

• Informative
Reactions: PLUS EV
Guessing the ones backed-in (on the ends) are employees.
This is a super old thread, but I'm bumping for no reason to say: This is just a Midland thing. People here back in because it's how they train everyone in the oil field (makes for faster departures if something goes wrong, or so I've been told). Literally everyone backs in unless they are getting something delivered to their trunk.