Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Miles City, MT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I figured out why @PACEMD is giving us daily reports on Miles City.

Had to escape from the bunnies at Billings Supercharger.
IMG_20200302_181348_MP (1).jpg

In the ditch and in the field I counted around 20 or so. All different colors. Hold on to the dog.

I figured out why @PACEMD is giving us daily reports on Miles City.

Had to escape from the bunnies at Billings Supercharger.
View attachment 545934
In the ditch and in the field I counted around 20 or so. All different colors. Hold on to the dog.

Strange, right? Always a gang of rabbits at the Billings SC. They must get a real charge from hanging out there............

Last edited:
Fo shizzle my nizzle.........

What's the deal, McNeal, with the Miles City SC..........
What's the scoop, Betty Boop........

Ain't got no juice on the loose.......
No meter to greet 'er.........
No charge at large..........
No power for the hour.........

Oh, shut the fu*k up why don't you already.......oy vey......

Attachments

• upload_2020-6-5_14-25-36.jpeg
    upload_2020-6-5_14-25-36.jpeg
    2.3 KB · Views: 88
  • Funny
Reactions: goneskiian
I’ve decided against getting a Tesla after all, since they’re not serious about filling this hole in their network. Yesterday, I bought a Kia Stinger. I’m still planning on going electric sometime in the next few years, but I couldn’t keep waiting.
Just cause Tesla’s taking their sweet time doesn’t mean that they’re never going to complete this segment.

I’ve decided against getting a Tesla after all, since they’re not serious about filling this hole in their network. Yesterday, I bought a Kia Stinger. I’m still planning on going electric sometime in the next few years, but I couldn’t keep waiting.

Tesla is serious enough that it's has groundwork done and the Supercharger hardware installed at 5 locations between Fargo, ND and Billings, MT, and recently opened Fargo, ND.

But, Tesla is unlikely to try to open the rest until it has the whole string ready to go. I expect the rest of them to be opened soon.

But, it's good to have set a personal time-limit. I expect you'll not have a problem going electric next time.

Reactions: Janus and sdoorex
I’ve decided against getting a Tesla after all, since they’re not serious about filling this hole in their network.

I, too, have trouble interpreting info. I thought that it was explained that Tesla had finished and the openings were waiting on the municipal electric utility hookup - which you, I and Tesla seem to have no control over. Probably place blame where... never mind - enjoy your Kia and I... should search for the Kia blog to read all the exciting adventures.

• Funny
Reactions: Chuq
It's not the utility companies holding things up it's Tesla. No way, for example, that the Miles City utility company couldn't slam in a meter in 4 months. Tesla has to show up to turn on the juice, activate, and test. The utility company will not just plug in the meter and say, ok, turn it on whenever you please. They will not install the meter until things have been inspected and are ready to turn on...........Turn on, tune in, drop out..........

Finally had to pull out the old reliable ICE pickup truck and drive 140 miles to the closest WAL-MART to refresh supplies. Would have loved to have done it in my Tesla, but couldn't afford the six hour camp.out at the wonderful local KOA. Its okay i stopped by anyway and paid the KOA manager for the three times I used his hookup this winter. Once on an overnight charge at minus 7 degrees. For those afraid of Tesla in the winter I can tell you from experience. Anyway no change at the super charger still no meter. Bummer.

@PACEMD Have you had any chance to look around Bighorn or Custer for potential SC activity in recent travels?

The Tesla electrical crew told me back in February that the site would be Forsyth. At least that was the rumor some months ago. I have been through Bighorn and Custer recently with no noted activity. Last scoped out Forsyth last month, nothing suspicious that I saw, for what that's worth, which ain't much.........

• Informative
Reactions: PStewart