Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is how I see the parking/charging setup based on the photos (credit to SR22pilot who's photo I butchered) and the fact these are back in spots with the charge port on the left (driver's) side of the Model S.

You need to pay attention to which side the electrical conduit is on, which determines which side the charge cable will hang from.
As I see it, there will just be the first spot on the near side next to the transformer, and the other 7 will be on the far side of the row.

This is how I see the parking/charging setup based on the photos
So, you're going by lane/line spacing? Not keying off of the red-label orientation (top of the stallard) or the cable-clamp placement (bottom of stallard) -- If one walked from the enclosure along the row of stallards, the orientation of plugged-in cars would be: L--R-L--L--L--L--L--L ...
Gonna go dig out my raw Lake Charles photos and see if I can tell! (the Tesla Plan -if filed with Permit stuff- should show the final arrangement too)

Rick

Edit: raw stallards photo from Lake Charles tells all
Lake_Ch_Partial.jpg

Last edited:
jbabb is correct, signs have been installed 1 on this side 7 on the other side faceing south. Crew finish the pour for the curb around transformer. Electricians finish cable pulls inside station, were pulling cables to charging stands this afternoon. Al power doing their thing plus meter dept installing c t meter base. Will check back soon.

jbabb is correct, signs have been installed 1 on this side 7 on the other side faceing south. Crew finish the pour for the curb around transformer. Electricians finish cable pulls inside station, were pulling cables to charging stands this afternoon. Al power doing their thing plus meter dept installing c t meter base. Will check back soon.

Ed, thanks for the clarification and the update! Sounds like the work is moving towards the finish line ASAP!

Alabama Power has schueled and outage for a large shoe store in the wee hours tomorrow to finish connection to 13.8 kv line. Meter dept set meter today. Workers were getting ready to do their last concrete pour around transformer. I think all of the wiring in station & charging stands are done. Will check back soon.

Alabama Power has schueled and outage for a large shoe store in the wee hours tomorrow to finish connection to 13.8 kv line. Meter dept set meter today. Workers were getting ready to do their last concrete pour around transformer. I think all of the wiring in station & charging stands are done. Will check back soon.

Great news Ed...keep it coming! :smile: It sounds like the site could be hot tomorrow...I hope the crew has alerted and scheduled for the SuperCharger team to head to the site and perform their final inspection and go live!

Depending on your expection I have good news or I have bad news. Site comissioning is set for wed apr 15,2015.

I am guessing that the term "commissioning" in this case is referring to the official opening with perhaps an event to celebrate the joining of Texas to the East coast. If that is the case then it's quite possible that the Mobile SuperCharger will undergo a "soft start" some period of time before the official event on Wednesday the 15th. There's no telling how much earlier the site might be live, it could be the day before or it could even be live sometime this weekend. Also, I think the only way to determine if the site is live is for it to be tested with a Model S.

I am guessing that the term "commissioning" in this case is referring to the official opening with perhaps an event to celebrate the joining of Texas to the East coast. If that is the case then it's quite possible that the Mobile SuperCharger will undergo a "soft start" some period of time before the official event on Wednesday the 15th.
Commissioning has usually been used for the Tesla process of plugging in, applying the A/B labels and initializing the modem comms. I'm afraid it's not a Golden Spike or ribbon-cutting photo-op event, it's when it goes usefully live.