Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Morgan Hill, CA (LIVE 24 Oct 2019, 14 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was at Starbucks early this a.m. before 8 and since all this has been in development make it a point of driving down to the future SC area before leaving. Could this be a good sign?

91DA5282-8C16-4F0C-A498-24C1B77B0D14.jpeg

Just to let people know I do drive past this almost every day getting morning coffee and zip progress since seeing the PG&E truck there. As mentioned before in this thread Morgan Hill in particular is seeing a lot of development all over town, both commercial and residential, and I'm thinking PG&E is booked out pretty far on many jobs. At least things look ready for owners once the electrical goes in.

• Informative
Reactions: Shirt4878
Was just there at 8 am - still no transformer. Took pix - but no different.

I was in the shopping center parking lot around that time today although not crazy with the road construction going on right now down Cochrane, especially with a white car and all the oil and asphalt work. Might skip it for a few days. I checked the SC area too today. Yesterday when I went for morning coffee as I turned left towards Starbucks, I saw a PG&E service truck follow me in but turn right going past Red Robin. Wondered if he was heading for the SCs. This was right before 8am. After getting my coffee, drove down there hoping to see a few trucks congregating around the superchargers but just the one lone guy who was parked across from the equipment near the side of See's Candies. I was so tempted to pull up next to him and ask if he knew when work would commence again LOL.

No, there is not a transformer on site yet. Drive past this every morning and it's been pretty dead as far as seeing any work trucks at all. Definitely will post when work starts up again.

I wasn't able to find out much today but I can relay that Tesla is working with PG&E right now on the power requirements and there is an engineer assigned to the job. Guess there's all kinds of calculations that need to be done at this stage to make sure the level of power and proper equipment is supplied from PG&Es end to the chargers. After that comes inspections.

Chatted a bit about EVs in general with the person I called to check about electrical going in here, and he was interested in EVs himself as a next car. He said he had heard it could be a 3-hour wait to charge while on the road and had to inform him that at least with Teslas and their Superchargers that's not the case. He said his concern was that he had to drive all over the Bay area and waiting like that would be an issue. Suggested he check out the DriveElectricWeek events coming up this weekend thru the 22nd and gave him the url. Told him too how it was so easy to plug in at home overnight and get fully charged by morning.

Reactions: Troy916 and bmah
Signs weren’t there yesterday morning when I drove by after coffee. Not sure why they set them up unless they plan to start work on the equipment/lines. The signs didn’t extend the length of the stalls and hopefully doesn’t signify any corrective work planned. Never saw any cars parked here btw.

E303FFCA-7C1B-4AF8-BD11-06767624D6D6.jpeg

Husband pointed out the dates on the sign are Mon. 10/21 - Tues. 10/22 and from 9am-5pm so hopefully we’ll be energized by 10/22 and with City inspector sign off then or shortly after that.

Last edited: