Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mt. Hope, WV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's $0.40 maximum for Cash OR a non-WV EZ Pass account. It is $0.26 for a WV EZ Pass account. I have a PA EZ Pass and it charged me $0.40 recently. Info found on the WV EZ Pass page, Toll Rates.

That's typical. EZ-Pass has _in-state_ discounts.
In Central Maine we have the Gardiner toll (I-95 103) for people connecting to/from I-295. It's $1 for Persons From Away and $0.50 for Mainers. That's the largest discount. It's a toll for a 6 mile stretch of the Maine Turnpike. You can avoid the toll if you're prepared to drive 2 1/2 to 3 miles and 15 minutes out of your way. But we know that Tesla owners wouldn't do that, right. ;)

That's typical. EZ-Pass has _in-state_ discounts.
Sorry I had incorrect information about tolls. I had no idea about the higher out-of-state tolls. I just checked my EZ-Pass account, about my latest trip through the North Beckley toll booth (9 days ago) and the charge was $0.00.

I wonder how EZ-Pass gets around the Commerce Clause? I know private companies can't charge out-of-state customers a higher rate.

For those of us who do not have EZ-Pass is the tool booth really manned 24/7/365 to collect a $.40 fee?

Also, from Highway 19 why is there a toll to go south on I-64 but not north?

Also, where is the other end of the Highway 19 Toll Road?

Last edited:
For those of us who do not have EZ-Pass is the tool booth really manned 24/7/365 to collect a $.40 fee?

Also, from Highway 19 why is there a toll to go south on I-64 but not north?

Also, where is the other end of the Highway 19 Toll Road?

Yes, there are 3 lanes, 2 with automated change buckets & the other staffed.

The toll is for the WV Turnpike, not US 19. There are 3 "main line" toll booths plus the small one at this exit. The toll at this exit exists in 2 of the 4 directions; Southbound US 19 to Southbound I-77 & Northbound I-77 to Northbound US 19. (Southbound US 19 to Northbound I-77 is free as is Southbound I-77 to Northbound US 19.) This toll augments the "main line" booths, but at a reduced rate due to fewer miles traveled.

Drove up into the mountains yesterday and stopped by this site for some pics.

It is on the back side of the Sheetz away from the gas pumps but with direct access into the building.

1 pull-in stall on the far end; the other 7 back-in.
IMG_3917.JPG

Conduit has been run but no concrete poured for the stall foundations yet.
IMG_3918.JPG

They have tunneled under the drive-thru. It appears the transformer will sit up above on its own pad.
IMG_3920.JPG

The four Superchargers will go here next to the power distribution cabinets.
IMG_3921.JPG