Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Nephi, UT - South Main Street

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone on here know the property owner, maybe the old chargers will be removed to free-up parking and to repair that side of the parking lot? I think someone on the Utah FB Group talked to the new owner a few months back about plans to rebuild the restaurant and expand the SC.

Stoped by Nephi this morning and they are working on it, but very slow progress.

IMG_1057.jpeg

This is a very slow build. Wonder how many people they have on it.
It does seem like a very small crew, like two people working and the boss man sitting in his truck with the engine idling all day long while he plays with his phone. :rolleyes:

I also question the pull in design stalls that would be fine in Florida, but not so good in Utah. It does still snow here after all. Last winter is proof of that. :)

Reactions: Park2670
I didn't even notice the new chargers on my way south last week. The pins are right on top of each other on the map unless you zoom way in. I only noticed them on the return trip because I accidentally got off an exit early and approached from the south. Awesome to have more chargers here. Fully functional today. Slightly longer walk to the restroom in the back of the gas station lot.

Last edited:
Reactions: awokeinthelbc
For those that are interested in the history of the restaurant, it was open until maybe 18 to 24 months ago. It was a fun place. Fun decor, good food. My kids loved eating here. They had a big tree inside and a model train that went around the restaurant near the ceiling and then around the big tree. My kids would spend the whole meal watching it and chasing it. I'm sure they annoyed the other patrons but they had so much fun running around. A young couple (couldn't have been over 30) bought it about a year before it closed. I talked to her one day. She was really excited about it. Obviously it didn't work out. Hopefully someone will open up a new place.

• Informative
Reactions: awokeinthelbc
It sounds like Nephi will be getting the magic dock treatment soon.

Rocky Mountain Power, Maverik to operate 11 of first 15 state EV charging stations

Rocky Mountain Power, Utah’s largest electricity provider, will operate seven of the 15 stations. C-store giant Maverik will run another four of them, and Utah.Energy, a Utah-based energy-management company will operate two. One will be run by Pilot Flying J in Snowville, and the one in Nephi will be operated by EV giant Tesla.

The rollout is funded by the National Electric Vehicle Initiative (NEVI), a federal program that is paying for fast-charging stations at least every 50 miles on major highways across the country.

Tesla also operates its own network of charging stations, some of which are made available to non-Tesla drivers. The Nephi Tesla station will be available to all EVs, McMillan said.

It sounds like Nephi will be getting the magic dock treatment soon.

Rocky Mountain Power, Maverik to operate 11 of first 15 state EV charging stations

Links to a list of award recipients:

For Nephi:
Nephi - TESLA
Awarded $383,386.00 in NEVI funding, with the remaining project expenses covered by Tesla to
satisfy the match requirement. This site will have 4 DCFCs capable of charging 8 vehicles.

That's more than Magic Docking. That suggests full V4. Maybe they'll expand or upgrade one of the current locations.

Augusta, ME Supercharger has some similarity. It's an 8-stall V2 but there's a NEVI award for the same Mall, so I expect an expansion. However, Nephi, UT already has the V3, so maybe they can just upgrade the V2.

Reactions: KJD
Looks like the updated NEVI sheet has removed the Tesla Nephi award and replaced it with Maverik. That‘s across the street from the flying J that is also installing their EVgo chargers this year. Nephi is going to be a charging hub soon.

Phase I List of Conditional Awards .pdf
Any idea on what the story is behind this ? I am guessing that Tesla did not want to comply with all of the NEVI red tape, but that is only a guess. 🤷‍♂️

Not sure what to make of the numbers, but if it's 1.2M (600K grant and 600K matching ) for 4 DC stalls, then the government needs to get out of the charging business and just let Tesla install them all. Pretty sure just like 10 years ago when the government spent a lot of money to have Blink install useless level 2 chargers all around the country, this NEVI thing is a giant waste of money. Make me sick

Reactions: iCAR and KJD
Not sure what to make of the numbers, but if it's 1.2M (600K grant and 600K matching ) for 4 DC stalls, then the government needs to get out of the charging business and just let Tesla install them all. Pretty sure just like 10 years ago when the government spent a lot of money to have Blink install useless level 2 chargers all around the country, this NEVI thing is a giant waste of money. Make me sick
Agree 100%. If you look at the building permit for the Park City supercharger, it says that Tesla is going to spend 250k to build 20 stalls.

Supercharger - Park City, UT