Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Newark, DE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used 1B today and got 117 kW charging rate. So, whatever problems there may have been seem to have been rectified.

IMG_0117.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

135kW you mean? I'm pretty sure Newark has 120's.

Yes...120. The more people that submit pix like this and comments to TM, the better. It really needs 2-4 more on the north bound side. If it is easier with the current electric supply on the southbound then so be it.....As the east coast/midAtlantic area is seeing an uptick in the number of cars this will just get worse.

135kW you mean? I'm pretty sure Newark has 120's.

OK, just seemed extra pokey with all stalls occupied especially when I later charged at Joyce Kilmer alone, man, that was crazy fast!
Interestingly, I noticed a (new?) sign posted next to the Newark superchargers indicating there are additional EV chargers in the truck parking area so I walked over to check them out. (sorry for th iPhone photo orientation). 2 operational J1772 and a frankenstein-looking J3068 (not yet operational). There was a discussion on this J3068 charger here: What is a J3068 charger?
Still, I would rather wait for one of the superchargers to open up than charge here especially given the lack of diversions at the Newark rest area!

IMG_5100.JPG
IMG_5103.JPG
IMG_5104.JPG

DE really needs another bank of chargers on the opposite side is the parking lot so there's a s et for each direction, and double the capacity.

They are indeed 120's, but I assume with the stalls all occupied and thus sharing cabinets, everybody was getting well less...

Maybe they can add a few stalls in those "Fuel Efficient Vehicle Parking" spaces where that Range Rover and minivan are parked.

Lanny

I was there this weekend (twice), and the 8 (?) Fuel efficient parking spots were all ICEd by non-fuel efficient vehicles both times.

And as I was driving out Friday night, a suburb pulls in and parks blocking one of the Tesla stalls... people really need to learn how to read!

I was there this weekend (twice), and the 8 (?) Fuel efficient parking spots were all ICEd by non-fuel efficient vehicles both times.

And as I was driving out Friday night, a suburb pulls in and parks blocking one of the Tesla stalls... people really need to learn how to read!

They can read. They just don't give a crap. It's all about them. Who cares about everyone else- much less the environment, the planet, etc. Rules are for everyone else, or when someone else's actions negatively impact them; then all of a sudden the rules are supposed to be followed.

Sorry.. You hit one of my sore spots. I get pissed off when I see crap like this.

They can read. They just don't give a crap. It's all about them. Who cares about everyone else- much less the environment, the planet, etc. Rules are for everyone else, or when someone else's actions negatively impact them; then all of a sudden the rules are supposed to be followed.

Sorry.. You hit one of my sore spots. I get pissed off when I see crap like this.

It's irritating, but I lay a great deal of the blame on the DE service center. What do those signs even mean? What's a "fuel efficient vehicle?" Compared to what?

I'd greatly prefer that they refrain from putting up weird and meaningless signs like these, because it increases the likelihood that people will see legit EV charging signs and misinterpret them as more of the same.

It's irritating, but I lay a great deal of the blame on the DE service center. What do those signs even mean? What's a "fuel efficient vehicle?" Compared to what?

I'd greatly prefer that they refrain from putting up weird and meaningless signs like these, because it increases the likelihood that people will see legit EV charging signs and misinterpret them as more of the same.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I feel like these signs are put up by pretentious Prius owners to make themselves feel better. A Prius (or a Tesla for that matter) thats got one person in it is far less fuel efficient than a Suburban that's got 9 people in it.

I have the same feeling about those "Fuel Efficient Vehicle Parking" signs. They are usually there to so that the adjacent building can score several points to put toward LEED certification. The Green Building Council seems to think it is a good idea to give preferred parking spots to "LEED-Qualified cars that are on a list maintained at greenercars.org. I've complained about these signs at our local library when I saw them routinely being ignored for the same reason that JST points out. It trains people that it's OK to ignore ELectric Vehicle Parking signs (the spots at the library were marked LE-FE Hybrid/Electric Vehicles).

Lanny

Lanny

On the "LEED-Qualified Car" list: 2012 Ford Mustang, 3.7 Liter, 19 MPG.

NOT on the list: Tesla Roadster

ON the list: 2000 GM EV-1

That list is absurd.

One of our local members has posted at some length about the trouble he's had trying to get a parking space for his Model S because of that list, which I agree is utterly ridiculous.

Similarly, the new Arlington community center has signs that say "hybrid vehicle parking only." I park there anyway.