Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Newark, DE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First slightly frustrating supercharger experience tonight at Newark. Called Tesla and they said they'd send their supercharger team out to investigate:

Stall 1A - Charging kept starting and restarting.
Stall 2A - Charge rate hovered around 160 miles/hour (battery less than half full)
Stall 3B - Charge rate even lower, around 130 miles/hour!

Anyone else have any similar issues?

This is still way faster than in my old Leaf but much slower than all of my other supercharger experiences.
Where you paired?

Return trip home tonight was flawless, no problems at stall 5A, charge rate at 244 miles/hour with expected taper as the battery filled.

@Max* I wasn't paired yesterday. There were two other Teslas there when I arrived but I was the only one left when I had the slow charge rates. That was part of the frustration, I had my pick of 12 stalls but had weird issues with the 3 I tried, thus the note to check in with the forum. But perfect tonight.

Reactions: Max*
White car convention today.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    468.9 KB · Views: 76
I saw that photo last night and my first reaction was that someone is having fun with Photoshop.

If it's real, maybe it's a salvaged stall that the Travel Plaza put there to keep trucks from parking by the J-1772 Level 2 stations. I doubt that Tesla would approve of one of their Supercharger shells being used like that.

Strange.

It's really there. @mczajka confirms it.

Note that the metal cylinders on each side of the stall are still covered with the white protective film that stays on during new Supercharger construction. But there are no apparent signs of trenching. It's not really oriented so that Teslas pulling a trailer could use it, so that theory is out. I'm stumped.

I'm stumped.
There's a children's short story in here somewhere.
Alien being visits Earth and takes the form of a supercharger in order to learn about the environment. Unfortunately he isn't accepted by the other superchargers and is adopted by the J1772's.
Or maybe a new take on "Romeo and Juliet" :)

Or better yet, maybe it's the prototype for @Curt's supercharger-charger :D

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: kevinf311