Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Newark, DE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From Delaware Division of Energy and Climate.
"We noticed this new Tesla charging station a few weeks ago, and aren’t sure who installed it. The Level 2 charging stations that are on the green posts were installed with a partnership by the University of Delaware and the Division of Energy and climate in 2014, but we’re excited to see that others are interested in the location. We actually chose that area of the Welcome Center in hope that the number of charging stations there would increase!

Kathy Harris

Clean Transportation Policy Analyst
Division of Energy and Climate"

I spoke with the General Manager of the Travel Plaza at Newark and he said they do not know who installed it. It was put there without his prior knowledge and he is trying to find out how it got there.

Thanks to @CHRGIT we know the people from the Charging Up Delaware program claim it wasn't them.

"Who Planted the Tesla Supercharger Stall?" #WPTTSS

Reactions: mmccord
So hilarious. Supercharger drama. :)

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 58
It's really there. @mczajka confirms it.

Note that the metal cylinders on each side of the stall are still covered with the white protective film that stays on during new Supercharger construction. But there are no apparent signs of trenching. It's not really oriented so that Teslas pulling a trailer could use it, so that theory is out. I'm stumped.

I'm going to guess a HPWC but tesla decided to use the SC cabinet because of the location. Random guess.

Or maybe a SuC for people pulling trailers?