Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Newark, DE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Overhead shelter would be great...but it will arrive 'soon'. In the meantime, I can tell you the sunshade helps...not a lot...but any little bit is helpful as is parking in the partially shaded spot, if available:cool:

First time supercharging today. Wish the charger had a longer reach. Had to get in very close. Also wish the area had an overhead shelter. Temperatures reached 101F there today. That charger handle was very hot. Interesting first experience. Just my two cents though.
I think I may have been in that exact spot my first time supercharging!

tesla1stcharge.jpeg

Reactions: Austral
I was about done charging there last night and going back in the car when a lady pulled in the last supercharger stall in her ICE. I shook my head disapprovingly looking at her and she opened the window to inquire. I pointed to the sign and said that these spots are for Tesla charging only. She snapped back, "Well, I am here for the trash" and proceeded to unload junk from her car into the garbage can. I was about to point out that the whole parking lot is peppered with garbage cans and that she could have chosen a far more convenient (and less obtrusive to those who come to charge) one, but decided that it wasn't worth it.

What do you think, is there an expectation that we police the superchargers and to what extent is that even possible?

Until there is real enforcement with real laws (like with handicapped spaces), people will ICE EV spots.

As for the lady, I'm sure she just wanted to take a closer look at the SpCs, and was too embarrassed to say so. It's pretty obvious that those are Tesla only spaces.

Tesla and the management of the Supercharger site should be the ones to handle problems such as ICEing. We, as drivers, should bring these situations to the attention of Tesla and the site manager so they can handle them appropriately.

At least the woman in Delaware used a trash can, unlike the woman who ICEd this charging station...

Reactions: vdiv
Freaky though I almost parked in the same spot!

My next thread will be called "confessions of a Tesla club liar." lol Or "Troll my way to Newark." :) Perhaps someone will do analysis of the ant pile to the left relative to the sun to derive the truth. Oh my gods. Would love to write more but I've just been told my Scotch is ready. Ciao.
when did they call you out? I missed that post.

First slightly frustrating supercharger experience tonight at Newark. Called Tesla and they said they'd send their supercharger team out to investigate:

Stall 1A - Charging kept starting and restarting.
Stall 2A - Charge rate hovered around 160 miles/hour (battery less than half full)
Stall 3B - Charge rate even lower, around 130 miles/hour!

Anyone else have any similar issues?

This is still way faster than in my old Leaf but much slower than all of my other supercharger experiences.