Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Newark, DE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LOL... I used Woodbridge for the first time yesterday... I use Newark more often than any other supercharger.

Out of habit I started backing up centered on a white line, before I realized that Woodgridge's lines are not FUBAR'd, and that I could park in the space normally...

Oh Delaware... you silly site you...

No such thing as too many pictures! Thanks for all you have posted.
Twelve stations makes this the largest installation in the US outside of California, correct?

Single physical installation, yes. Hooksett, NH technically has 12 stalls, but is split 6/6 between two opposing rest areas.

There is some debate about whether the original 4 stations will stay/changed to L2 stations/removed. IF they stay then the 16 stalls available will be the largest one on the east coast....the country??

Curt, I agree that driving 200+ miles having lunch and then drive another 100 before stopping for the night is OK. I would be looking to use the SC network if I was planing on driving more then 400 mile in one day. The only thing I wish Tesla would do is give use actual mile distance to the next SC instead of straight line distance.

When listing Superchargers in the Nav screen, it lists them in order of straight line distance, instead of navigated (actual) driving distance.... so the actual distance tends to be somewhat longer than the mileage in the list.

But to display actual mileage, the interface would have to calculate the route to each SC in real time based on your current location, and re-calc whenever you moved. That would just take way too long. To calculate straight-line (actually "great circle") distance takes one formula and can be caluclated instantly.

When listing Superchargers in the Nav screen, it lists them in order of straight line distance, instead of navigated (actual) driving distance.... so the actual distance tends to be somewhat longer than the mileage in the list.

But to display actual mileage, the interface would have to calculate the route to each SC in real time based on your current location, and re-calc whenever you moved. That would just take way too long. To calculate straight-line (actually "great circle") distance takes one formula and can be caluclated instantly.

O wow, I've never noticed this. I assumed it was real distance, not straight line distance...

Yea, what is the excuse now? Sledgehammer?

You guys are PIAs:biggrin:. How about one from yesterday afternoon.
4.JPG