Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Newark, DE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped by last night on my way home to charge. Based on traffic in general, I figured the SCs would be full! Not at all. There were no cones there (The ones from Saturday seemed haphazardly placed). There was only one other Tesla there, which was parked perpendicular to the stalls.

I took 1A and got out and talked to the other guy charging. I made a comment like, "They sure don't give you much slack, do they?" And he laughed. He said he was hoping to watch me pull in and have problems like he was having! Apparently, it was his friend's Tesla and he never charged it before. I walked him through it and we talked for a bit. He really loved the car, and (unfortunately for his wallet) it sounds like he's now hooked as well!

Another car pulled in while we were chatting. I ran to the service plaza and came back; the perpendicular Tesla was gone but another car arrived. At most we had 5 cars there. This was around 8pm last night. Love the new location! Great job, Tesla!

PS - with 13 miles left arriving at the SC, I saw 363V and 324A. Went from 13 miles to 194 in 45 minutes. This was my first SC charge while using TeslaLog - was surprised to look at the graph and see how early the SC starts cutting back on power - once I hit 25% SOC, it starting backing down.
@PatD whats this teslalog you speak of? i googled it and turned up a website that hasnt kicked off yet.

image.jpeg
Amazing how quickly this thread quieted down after the expansion was completed. I'm charging now and it's so much better than the previous location. More chargers of course, better lines, fewer crowds, and easier to get to (especially for northbound travelers).

THANK YOU Tesla for this much-needed improvement!

View attachment 173452
Amazing how quickly this thread quieted down after the expansion was completed. I'm charging now and it's so much better than the previous location. More chargers of course, better lines, fewer crowds, and easier to get to (especially for northbound travelers).

thanks for the update. I have always wanted to see more pics of the new expansion.

So we lost the one front-pull-in spot? I'm not sure what I'm going to do when I go to the beach with three bicycles on the back.

I think the cabinet's offset enough for you to be able to back in.
Otherwise, just pull in perpendicular at the last spot:)
People will post embarrassing pictures but you've got to do what you have to do......

Reactions: linkster
We’re in the early stages of planning an informal owner gathering and public interaction event at the Newark DE supercharger on July 10, the 160th anniversary of Nikola Tesla’s birthday. One idea we’re batting around is to have people sign a big birthday card that we’ll then send off to the factory and/or other Tesla sites.

If you’d like to participate in the planning of this event, please contact Bill at [email protected].

I am really happy there is a super charger on a different grid so close to my home. It will come in handy when we lose power every now and then. That being said, I'm sure many of us think the same so hope they will have more booths available soon. My goodness we may need to go with even and odd days like the 70s getting gas. LOL

View attachment 173452

It's also very cool that a stand alone Starbucks was added to that end of the parking lot (or was it always there?) ;=)
Anyhow, thanks to Starbucks as well!

Stopped by the Delaware Supercharger on Friday night a little after midnight and all I can say is I didn't feel very safe (nor did I want to leave the car) with 7 of the 12 spots ICED. That's BS. Couldn't even walk up to the restrooms. This place is being used as a hang out. NO SPOTS SHOULD EVER BE ICED!!!

Stopped by the Delaware Supercharger on Friday night a little after midnight and all I can say is I didn't feel very safe (nor did I want to leave the car) with 7 of the 12 spots ICED. That's BS. Couldn't even walk up to the restrooms. This place is being used as a hang out. NO SPOTS SHOULD EVER BE ICED!!!
I've seen various parts of the parking lot used as a hangout for car umn... enthusiasts, with modified honda civics (not trying to stereotype, it might be other cars, but it's small and loud).

I'd call Tesla and inform them, though they'd probably just inform the property management company.

While I'd be annoyed if/when Tesla spots get ICEd, it's not as big of a deal if the ICE car owners are standing next to their cars hanging out and willing to move them if you ask.