Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Newton, MA (RT-128 SB service plaza)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tdreamer

Plaid Supercharger
Supporting Member
Sep 10, 2017
Bedford, Massachusetts
Tesla will be building a supercharger at the RT-128 Southbound service plaza in Newton, MA as indicated in the pin added to the Tesla supercharger coming soon map earlier this year. Site planning is underway, with the possibility of construction this spring. Not yet sure where within the service plaza this will be located.

With the Lexington rest stop starting construction this week, I swung by Newton to see if perhaps they were doing both at the same time. No sign of anything yet as of this evening. My guess is both will be done by the same company most likely so this may get underway soon if it's otherwise ready to start.

With the Lexington rest stop starting construction this week, I swung by Newton to see if perhaps they were doing both at the same time. No sign of anything yet as of this evening. My guess is both will be done by the same company most likely so this may get underway soon if it's otherwise ready to start.
Lol, I also stopped on my way home tonight after thinking the same thing. This rest area is particularly space-challenged. That and the entrance and exit ramps are just about the shortest ramps on 128, excepting the ramps north of Peabody. This will be an interesting stop.

Reactions: kayak1 and Tdreamer
In speaking with a member of the Tesla supercharger team while commissioning Charlton eastbound today, I learned that the Newton site should start soon. They suggested that a company other than the company currently doing Lexington, and other than Gordon (who has done many of the superchargers in New England and is currently doing Woburn) will be building out that site. Not exactly sure when it will start (they didn't know).

Permit EL-21-2440 was issued today for Eversource utility work to supply the the supercharger installation at this site. A permit has not yet been pulled for the supercharger installation itself. Who knows when this permitted work will actually begin, but it's progress.

Attachments

• Permit EL-21-2440 Eversource.pdf
    71.2 KB · Views: 77
Has anybody been stopped at the plaza recently? I am curious to see if the construction has started.
Mid last week no sign of any utility trenching yet which is the first thing that is expected to happen there. The contractor responsible for that work did say (in January?) that it was a Q1'22 project for them, but as we all know, schedules can slip.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9 and kayak1