Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Niagara Falls, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This will be great for all the tourists heading into Niagara Falls from Toronto who travel along the QEW. St Catharines would be a better location but hopefully it will take the stress off the Grimsby SC which has been full the last few times I went there. A couple years ago we were lucky to see 1 or 2 cars there. Now if they could put one along Hwy 3 in the Simcoe area. Tesla is really doing a great job with the charging network.

Last edited:
I live around the corner from this new location. Construction started roughly at the end of November. It hasn't been long at all.

I think @CanadaGoose was talking about the Electrify station in Welland.

No, I saw them take time to crave out a section to place hydro lines in the middle of the road for this location.

(but then again, I only frequent the area every few months)

It is located at the Canadian Tire in Welland, and it is open.View attachment 494782

wow so if you're charging at a rate of say 75 kw which nets you around 500 kms/hr in a model 3, or 400 kms / hr in a model S, to add 50 kwh of range, you're going to be paying around $41 assuming no ramp up time and linear charging rates.

That will net you around 330 kms in a model 3 and 250 in a model S.

This is what gas costs lol.

To go around 350 kms in a 3 series or an Audi S4 would cost you about 35 litres of premium fuel...which is around $45 right now.

Shows what happens when you want electric cars to be a real business...it's just as expensive as gas in many of these situations. Porsche was asking about their ultra fast charging and mentioned it would cost around the same as petrol. When questioned by the press, the Porsche VP had to remind them that htey were a FOR PROFIT company, and couldn't enter a business plan to break even or lose money.

Tesla fortunately was able to dillute shareholders to subsidize supercharging early in the e car development, and those shareholders barely noticed thanks to outrageously good returns.

Does Supercharging really matter for Porsche? I continue to believe that people who spend > $100k on a vehicle have no interest in driving over 400km. Which is also why that Supercharging didn't matter as much for Tesla at first when it catered to enthusiasts and the 0.1%.
Well, I bought mine for about $115K in 2015.....and the biggest reason for purchasing a Tesla was the vision of a Supercharger network. Only Cornwall and Lawrence open then....with promises of Kingston, Barrie, etc.

Glad they are finally putting one in the Niagara area.. I do alot of shopping trips to Buffalo from the GTA and usually charge up at the Buffalo one which is sometimes a bit out of the way if I dont venture all the way to downtown Buffalo so this is a great addition as a halfway point between Grimsby and Buffalo.. plus there is so much tourist traffic in the Niagara area it only makes sense

Reactions: corlaandstan
Glad they are finally putting one in the Niagara area.. I do alot of shopping trips to Buffalo from the GTA and usually charge up at the Buffalo one which is sometimes a bit out of the way if I dont venture all the way to downtown Buffalo so this is a great addition as a halfway point between Grimsby and Buffalo.. plus there is so much tourist traffic in the Niagara area it only makes sense

Looks like Buffalo will be getting a second charger. No location info yet, but a “coming soon” one has been added to the map with the latest round of updates.

Looks like Buffalo will be getting a second charger. No location info yet, but a “coming soon” one has been added to the map with the latest round of updates.
Occasionally, when Tesla puts a "coming soon" on a place that already has a supercharger, it denotes that they are going to expand the existing site. So, it could be that instead of a second location.

Occasionally, when Tesla puts a "coming soon" on a place that already has a supercharger, it denotes that they are going to expand the existing site. So, it could be that instead of a second location.
Yeah, but I think in this case a new location makes sense. The existing charger is rarely full and located rather inconveniently. It's in an OK spot for those travelling to/from the East (<10 minutes off I-90), but well out of the way for those coming to town and those transiting from the West/South of Lake Erie to Canada and back. The current location is also a sorta-dying strip mall (Sears, Bon Ton, Barnes and Noble, Best Buy) with minimal amenities in a dinky neighborhood. Our local owners club does regular meetups at this SC and it leaves me damn depressed every time.

Reactions: Shaz and RedOctober
I took these yesterday. It’s got the usual Supercharger layout. I live about 10 mins from there so I will try to get out every week.
A754A1A5-B88B-4BDF-86F5-EE352379D6AB.jpeg
FD0B023E-D35B-4401-807D-106D34E983A2.jpeg
2AE66361-46E5-4BF8-A651-910D161BD0CE.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Mayoo and lens300
Yeah, but I think in this case a new location makes sense. The existing charger is rarely full and located rather inconveniently. It's in an OK spot for those travelling to/from the East (<10 minutes off I-90), but well out of the way for those coming to town and those transiting from the West/South of Lake Erie to Canada and back. The current location is also a sorta-dying strip mall (Sears, Bon Ton, Barnes and Noble, Best Buy) with minimal amenities in a dinky neighborhood. Our local owners club does regular meetups at this SC and it leaves me damn depressed every time.

The new Buffalo supercharger has been spotted. Panera off Duke rd in Cheektowaga. V3, 8 stalls: Supercharger - Buffalo, NY - Duke Rd