Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Niagara Falls, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First post, but just wanted to note that it looks like a new Tesla SuperCharger is under construction in Niagara Falls, ON near Mt. Carmel Plaza (corners Thorold Stone and Montrose) / Food Basics.

Here is a photo (confirm my suspicion please)

On the tesla find us website, it says coming soon to St. Catharines. This station is about 10 minute drive from St. Catharines.

Attachments

• E069DA5E-1BCF-4941-97AF-22C05FBDD3A7.jpeg
    E069DA5E-1BCF-4941-97AF-22C05FBDD3A7.jpeg
    679.5 KB · Views: 635
First post, but just wanted to note that it looks like a new Tesla SuperCharger is under construction in Niagara Falls, ON near Mt. Carmel Plaza (corners Thorold Stone and Montrose) / Food Basics.

Here is a photo (confirm my suspicion please)

On the tesla find us website, it says coming soon to St. Catharines. This station is about 10 minute drive from St. Catharines.

update: 12 stalls, not 8. 4 is hiding behind the hill.

Photos by Tesla Owners Online on Twitter. Based on the third photo, I’m ruling that this is a V3 Supercharger.
View attachment 493519 View attachment 493520 View attachment 493521
If this is a Tesla Supercharger, then I would be inclined to agree that it is most likely a V3 - but this is a pretty different layout then we've seen on other V3s in Canada so far. For one thing the cabinets aren't white - for another, the half-height vented box is now 3/4 height and notably larger (and appears jammed in between the other equipment, where previously they've been spaced apart). Perhaps this is a trial run of a new Supercharger layout?

If this is a Tesla Supercharger, then I would be inclined to agree that it is most likely a V3 - but this is a pretty different layout then we've seen on other V3s in Canada so far. For one thing the cabinets aren't white - for another, the half-height vented box is now 3/4 height and notably larger (and appears jammed in between the other equipment, where previously they've been spaced apart). Perhaps this is a trial run of a new Supercharger layout?
Grey boxes are switchgear + a transformer. 3 V3 Supercharger white cabinets to come, by my guess.

Reactions: mociaf9
Interestingly, Electrify Canada has a location very close to there listed on their map. But, when you click on it, it shows Toronto Premium Outlets as the address, and that’s pretty far away. No actual chargers where it’s marked either, I’m pretty sure.

Interestingly, Electrify Canada has a location very close to there listed on their map. But, when you click on it, it shows Toronto Premium Outlets as the address, and that’s pretty far away. No actual chargers where it’s marked either, I’m pretty sure.
It is located at the Canadian Tire in Welland, and it is open.
51428A19-8790-4E34-A7D8-EBE100448AF3.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: ilyak
It is located at the Canadian Tire in Welland, and it is open.View attachment 494782

That's it, thank you. However, this is what is shows for me:
upload_2019-12-31_9-33-4.png

I suspected an odd caching issue, but same result in another browser and on mobile.

But, either way, this can't be it then. I'd say this also likely rules out this being a new EA/EC location, they don't tend to build close together even in underserved areas.

If this is an SC I wonder if it is the actual site of the St Catherines SC or if it is a new, unmapped site. St Catherines is actually very close to Grimsby - perhaps Niagara Falls is a better location.

Doubt, there are any good spots in St. Catharines. This one provides lots of parking spaces (no ICEing), near Tim Hortons, Swiss Chalet and Food Basics.

(Also, side note, I come to Niagara every few months because of family, I saw that station getting built slowly back in Summer 2019)

Doubt, there are any good spots in St. Catharines. This one provides lots of parking spaces (no ICEing), near Tim Hortons, Swiss Chalet and Food Basics.
Actually, in St C just north of the QEW near Fairview Mall would be ideal. That location also has Tims, Swiss Chalet, Food Basics plus DQ, Harvey's, Zehrs, Ikea, Chapters, Pita Pit, etc.

But it is only 31km from the Grimsby SC.

Here is that location in St Catherines: Google Maps