Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SuperCharger - North Bay, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awaiting this one with anticipation! This is really the last missing link for me to be able to commit to a Tesla. Travelling from Ottawa to Sudbury right now is nearly impossible without the HWY 17 supercharger network.
Can't remember where I posted it (probably in the Sudbury thread?), but I made the Ottawa to Sudbury leg in my S100D during a cold April day with temps around freezing. That is the uphill leg so it would have been easier in the other direction. So I'm not saying it's easy but it's possible with S100D or LR3. Would not attempt after dark or in sub-freezing temps though.

Can't remember where I posted it (probably in the Sudbury thread?), but I made the Ottawa to Sudbury leg in my S100D during a cold April day with temps around freezing. That is the uphill leg so it would have been easier in the other direction. So I'm not saying it's easy but it's possible with S100D or LR3. Would not attempt after dark or in sub-freezing temps though.

That's brave. I wouldn't have done that. :)

I make the Huntsville run to north bay often enough. My wife and i go to bracebridge and Sudbury often. I would love the NB charger, as it would make the treck to Kirkland lake possible finally. Can't wait!

lol I am waiting for one to be installed at New Liskeard so I can make the trip to Cochrane...I can make it easy enough in the summer, but not in the winter, and I need to make that trip at Christmas! I need to keep my ICE just for that one trip...

Chademo nonworky for M3. Not yet at least. Tesla tech told me it's coming soon, but couldn't give me a specific date.

Ah.. I keep on forgetting about that! Benefits from living in a country where the Model 3 will have CCS2 (when it arrives!) and all public stations have CCS2.

Honestly not sure why it's taken so long for a solution in USA/Canada. Perhaps because the supercharger network is very extensive for most of the continent, but your example is being forgotten about by many :(

I'll just say you have to look a bit better than that ;)

I'll be out there Friday and if I see any signs of construction I will post some pics.
lol well, that portion of the highway is my normal route...I'd have to go on a true Mission to check out all the possibilities. Its going to be nice tomorrow tho, might be a nice day for a drive...but yah, if you can post pics that would be awesome.