Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SuperCharger - North Bay, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm from Sudbury so I'm well aware that the SC site is not actually in Espanola. While Baldwin Township makes this designation technically correct very few people are going to understand the reference. Using a recognized town name rather than an obscure township name that only locals will readily recognize makes more sense to me but....
Tesla has been naming superchargers this way for years. Get used to it.

Reactions: lensovet
Not to mention what happens if down the road Tesla decides to put a SC in Espanola proper? And the citizens of Baldwin Township might be a bit put off by their SC being called the Espanola SC. I vote for accuracy: If it's in Baldwin, call it the Baldwin SC.
Yes, it seems goofy for certain locations, but I'm sympathetic to Tesla's predicament here and can see why they have chosen to go with technically accurate names. It's also more important to have the names be clear for people who are from far afield. The locals will figure it out either way.

Reactions: RedOctober
Tesla has been naming superchargers this way for years. Get used to it.

So do you actually read posts before answering them or do you just enjoy "going off" on people? I explicitly stated "... makes more sense to me but..." and also "... technically correct..." but in you come with your arrogant and dismissive "Get used to it". Really? And why weigh in so vehemently on a discussion about SC sites some 4000 km away from you?

Reactions: RiverBrick
Not to mention what happens if down the road Tesla decides to put a SC in Espanola proper? And the citizens of Baldwin Township might be a bit put off by their SC being called the Espanola SC. I vote for accuracy: If it's in Baldwin, call it the Baldwin SC.

A reasonable point. But what are the odds of Tesla deploying another SC 5-6 kms from this one, especially considering the Tesla population density in this area and the need for SC sites in an arc sweeping from North Bay through Cobalt, Matheson, Timmins, and Chapleau to Wawa? And then at some point in the more distant future an arc further north from Matheson through Kapuskasing, Hearst, Longlac and into Nipigon. Nevertheless seems we "locals" are to be "taught" what we need by those rather more distant....

Anybody know the location for the SC in Orillia? I heard the relocated Canadian Tire site (old Target location) but an Orillia Power guy said he gets asked but its not their project, and he hasn't heard. Permit stage (2019 anticipated) is all Ive seen on multiple sites.
Hey buddy, I haven’t heard anything about the Orillia SC just yet. I first thought it may go at the area of the mall near HD but nothing yet. I can see this location going late into 2020 as Barrie currently has 28 chargers and Huntsville has 9.

So do you actually read posts before answering them or do you just enjoy "going off" on people? I explicitly stated "... makes more sense to me but..." and also "... technically correct..." but in you come with your arrogant and dismissive "Get used to it". Really? And why weigh in so vehemently on a discussion about SC sites some 4000 km away from you?
Reste tranquille

He weighs in because he's a Tesla owner who drives a lot and cares about the network buildout. I am not a Tesla owner and I care a lot about the buildout.

He is correct. Tesla consistently uses postal towns.

Those of us who follow the buildout have read the same discussion in other locations, most particularly in Hollister, CA at a location known to locals and many Californians as the host business Casa da Fruta.

You will just have to lump it.

Reactions: lensovet
Mid winter isn't really the best time to plan a road trip, tho I like the thought. A tesla just got rear ended on Hwy 11 a couple days ago, near Orillia, due to crap roads and driver inattention.
Yup! That was me! Stay safe out there folks..
IMG_0161.jpeg

The tesla SC bollard positions are strange and do not appear to offer too much protection to the chargers. You would think they would be out front and twice as many if you are inviting people to back into them to charge. Especially with the snow removal required up here. Protect the money and functionally the charger. One thing for sure; if someone can take one out it gonna happen.

The tesla SC bollard positions are strange and do not appear to offer too much protection to the chargers. You would think they would be out front and twice as many if you are inviting people to back into them to charge. Especially with the snow removal required up here. Protect the money and functionally the charger. One thing for sure; if someone can take one out it gonna happen.
The Sudbury SC have no bollards and were damaged last year by plowing... blows my mind how they did not think of that.

The Sudbury SC have no bollards and were damaged last year by plowing... blows my mind how they did not think of that.

Ya any good structural engineer or even just in construction should figure that one out. Bollards have a purpose and it an't to hold an 8x12 sign.;). Wonder if they made the connection wire long enough for the eventual repair? We are the hockey Canadians up here no rough winters at all.