Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Pocatello, ID

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Night clerk at the Clarion Inn confirms that "Tesla chargers are being installed". I suppose there is some question about whether these are destination chargers or superchargers. I will contact the day manager tomorrow and try to confirm.
Fingers crossed....

Further update: This morning the day manager of the Clarion called me (I left a msg last night). He says, "I really don't know what they're doing. All we did was provide the parking spaces, they're doing everything else".
Well, that sounds like a supercharger to me. If this was a destination charger, the Clarion Inn would be more involved.

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200
Saturday AM pic
there will be 8 charging stalls, one is a "pull in forward" type. This last one is also positioned so that it could be approached from an out-of-the-box direction if the stalls are all ICE'd. Also, it will allow X charging w/o unhooking whatever is being towed.
The parking situation is grim (Thanks to itsnotaboutthemoney for reminding me to comment on this). This will be one of those SC's that has a problem w/ being ICE'd at night, like at the Glenwood Springs SC. This is compounded by the parking places being in a prime spot for the hotel. It may have been better to put them in a far corner of the hotel parking lot rather than near the front entrance. On the other hand, the pedestals will be easily seen from the Interstate, and they will be very easy to find when pulling in to the parking lot.
View media item 114783View media item 114785View media item 114782

Rewnolds thank you for the information on the super charger. The picture links do not seem to work for me, I get this error message

You do not have permission to view media within this album.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Just drove by today on my way to Blackfoot. Looks like great progress and should be operational soon.

On 5/15 I spoke to the desk person at the Clarion and she said, "They pulled cables today. They said they were bringing up a Tesla from Salt Lake City to test them next week". But it sure looks ready to go. Does anyone know if they block them or put a 'Stay out' ribbon or something around them until they go live?
Unfortunately, we came in F250 ;-( this trip so we couldn't check ourselves. Can someone local test them? There aren't that many Tesla's in Pocatello/Chubbuck (Only one now, I think, now that we've moved to Kalispell, MT).
20160514_194907[1].jpg

Reactions: jsanford