Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if the Rideau Centre location has anything to do with the Nordstrom in the mall. Perhaps our rumoured sales centre will eventually be an in-Nordstrom Kiosk like they have in other areas.
I don't know that there is a direct link there. Several of the new SCs are at Cadillac Fairview malls, so I think that is the link. If you are correct then we should see a SC at Yorkdale Mall in Toronto, as they have had a Tesla store for years, for the North York location, but several of us are guessing that it will be in one of two CF malls - Shops at Don Mills or Fairview Mall.

I don't know that there is a direct link there. Several of the new SCs are at Cadillac Fairview malls, so I think that is the link. If you are correct then we should see a SC at Yorkdale Mall in Toronto, as they have had a Tesla store for years, for the North York location, but several of us are guessing that it will be in one of two CF malls - Shops at Don Mills or Fairview Mall.

I doubt they would put a Supercharger @ Fairview Mall or Shops at Din Mills since that would be too close to the Lawrence east charger.

I just tried the Ottawa charger last night. It was a bit frustrating to get into the parking lot since they said the lot was full and s lineup was forming, blocking traffic. When they finally let us in, there were dozens of spots available. I made my way down to the Supercharger and three of the spots were ICEd but luckily there were a couple of charging spots available. Hopefully this is just because of the Black Friday madness. I got good speeds though. Was getting 74KW for a while. I was there for a bit over an hour and the parking fee was $4.50.

Every time you're charging there (or anywhere) and the spots are ICEd, call Tesla's roadside assistance number and tell them. They respond to the volume of calls for fixing these issues. Same goes for access - if the parking lot operators need to be told that Teslas should be let in even if the lot's full, Tesla can ensure they are told, but they need to know there's a problem.

He said three spots were ICE'd and two ("a couple") were available. So 8-3-2 = 5 so one would think that three spots were occupied by Telas or other EVs assuming that non-Tesla EVs can't ICE.

Is a Volt, Bolt or Leaf ICEing if it is blocking a SuperCharger spot? Or is it EVEing?

IMG_3899.JPG
@wayner these photos came out 7 hours ago and there wasn't any Tesla Only spots. 1 spot was ICEd

Attachments

• IMG_3900.JPG
    IMG_3900.JPG
    388.8 KB · Views: 53
It will never happen. Tesla will not open any SCs in Canada in 2017.
Superchargers or Service Centres?
He said three spots were ICE'd and two ("a couple") were available. So 8-3-2 = 5 so one would think that three spots were occupied by Telas or other EVs assuming that non-Tesla EVs can't ICE.

Is a Volt, Bolt or Leaf ICEing if it is blocking a SuperCharger spot? Or is it EVEing?
Depends!
If it was December 24th, it would be called “ Christmas Eve”! Lol!

Thanks for the suggestion, @Peter_M I’ll be sure to call Tesla the next time this happens. Maybe I’ll call them anyway to let them know about my experience.

Yeah, if I remember correctly, there were 3 Teslas, 3 ICE cars and 2 spots available, as others have deduced. They still didn’t have any signs or floor markings indicating that the spots were exclusive to Tesla (even the chargers don’t say “Tesla” - they just have the Tesla T logo) so I can’t really fault anyone for ICEing the spots. Hopefully they’ll get some signage soon.

Reactions: Peter_M
That would make sense. That parking lot is too busy. There's never any free spots to park when visiting the Sales Centre.
And there isn't enough chargers either
Four main groups use Lawrence to charge. Soon to be 2 groups

1. Tesla store use - service and sales. They also have a bunch of hpwc though so they don't really need to use the superchargers, but for the odd quick zap they will

2. Long distance east west travelers passing through with no other GTA options (port hope to the east and then Grimsby or...Chatham to the west...yikes). That will change with all the new superchargers springing up. Who wants to go down the DVP when you can skip the city completely.

3. Commuters who want free energy rather than charging at home. 905ers etc. They'll soon be able to supercharge at home (Woodbridge concord Mississauga pickering superchargers ) so they'll slowly disappear from Lawrence.

4. Downtown condo people who can't charge at home. They'll still need Lawrence

So for groups 1 and 4 I don't think Lawrence supercharger is going anywhere. Once the other GTA locations open up there won't be much pressure on Lawrence (relative to today)