Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
never tried but they literally put a barrier. Maybe, I should’ve done that next time.

I’m new here, just got my car last week, but because I don’t have my wall connector installed yet, I’ve been supercharging.

I can confirm they are back to 24/7... I went Thursday July 2nd, maybe around 8pm, with no problems. I also went yesterday, Sunday July 5th, around 7pm. My car actually said it was closed, but I tried anyways. There was a chain up saying lot full, so I called the number and he said it was because of an issue with the door and to just drive around it. Charged up no problems.

Hoping we get more locations soon, I hate going downtown!

Jared

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
For obvious reasons, this charger is closed till at least Monday.

On the in nav it says open.
The Rideau Centre is not the best place to have a supercharger especially 3 levels down that is difficult to get to from the Queensway in traffic due to congestion. This is not the first time that those needing to charge have been locked out - it has closed earlier during the pandemic.

What is needed is a V3 close to the downtown core, but not in the bowels of the Rideau Centre is. Someplace that is not at the mercy of changing political landscape that is becoming increasingly prevalent in Ottawa. For those who don't know the Rideau Centre is only a five-minute walk from Parliament Hill, the heart of the trucking protest that has overtaken the core of Ottawa. Good luck to those who go there on 07 Feb if it reopens as scheduled since the protesters rule the roads around the Rideau Centre. Not impossible, but not something you might want to deal with when you are showing red, tired and hungry.
Besides - a 72 Kwh Urban Supercharger is just not that fast, but too fast if you want to avoid paying fees after your session if your business in the downtown core takes more than 45 mins to an hour. Much better to have 20-30 J1772 Level 2 chargers for those who park and have their cars while they work nearby or are visiting the Byward Market, having dinner etc.

There’s an unverified rumour that this location is closing.

The stalls have been turned off for a week now since reopening.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe this would be the first supercharger in Canada to close. I realise there are some service centre locations that are now for service use only, but that's not quite the same thing as shutting one down and dismantling it. We've had a handful of such closures stateside which is always kind of sad to see, but they usually build another one in the area at a better location to make up for it.