Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Owatonna, MN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I cannot locate any permits from city of owatonna, etc yet. Thinking this is going in the target of I-35N. It could surprise us and be installed at Cabela’s area just north of town with restaurants and travel center.
Tesla also seems to have a very good relationship lately with Hy-Vee so while not as convenient as the Cabela's or Target, it wouldn't surprise me if it ended up there. My guess is it is probably at Target though.

Electrical permit pulled today. Address is a Culvers.

permit.jpeg

14 stalls is odd, as is the permit listing 14 0 to 200A electric services. On every other electrical permit for superchargers, branch circuits are only listed for individual breakers and there are only breakers in the panels for cabinets, control circuitry and, lighting (usually). Cabinets run 4 chargers and are usually connected to 600A breakers. If this were 12 stalls, you’d see a charge for the main service (more than 800A), 3 for 401 to 800A and 1 for 0 to 200A (control circuitry) and maybe some additional for lighting and L2 chargers. Yes, each charger is essentially getting 1/4 of the 600A total per cabinet but that’s now how the main electric panel looks.

Reactions: Cyberjr
14 stalls is odd, as is the permit listing 14 0 to 200A electric services. On every other electrical permit for superchargers, branch circuits are only listed for individual breakers and there are only breakers in the panels for cabinets, control circuitry and, lighting (usually). Cabinets run 4 chargers and are usually connected to 600A breakers. If this were 12 stalls, you’d see a charge for the main service (more than 800A), 3 for 401 to 800A and 1 for 0 to 200A (control circuitry) and maybe some additional for lighting and L2 chargers. Yes, each charger is essentially getting 1/4 of the 600A total per cabinet but that’s now how the main electric panel looks.
Finally getting into the permit and clicking more info gets this which looks more normal. Just an odd summary I guess. Still trying to figure out the 14 under 200A feeders/circuits. 3 over 200A are for the cabinets so 12 SC. I’ve never seen individual charge posts tagged as feeders/circuits since that would be like charging per light fixture/outlet on a single circuit. Id almost guess this is 12 SC and 2 L2 along with lights. That’s the only way I can get to 14 chargers. Less likely would be 8 SC and 6 L2. Be interesting to see how it unfolds once construction starts.
1688125283282.png

Last edited: