Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Owen Sound, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It certainly was on the 2017 list so that is good to know - there is at least one forum member who lives there. This will make it two Sounds with SuperChargers in Ontario - both Parry and Owen.

It will be very convenient if you are going to a Drive-In movie as it is right beside the Owen Sound Twin Drive-In Theatre according to Google Maps.

Well I just checked out that site and it is the site of a construction company just outside of town. I could not see anything that would suggest that a Supercharger is being built. It would be a very unusual spot, and industrial area away from any amenities except for one diner nearby.
It could be the address of the contractor rather than the supercharger location.

It certainly was on the 2017 list so that is good to know - there is at least one forum member who lives there. This will make it two Sounds with SuperChargers in Ontario - both Parry and Owen.

It will be very convenient if you are going to a Drive-In movie as it is right beside the Owen Sound Twin Drive-In Theatre according to Google Maps.
A Sound decision!

IMG_1134.PNG
IMG_1135.PNG
IMG_1137.PNG
GOOD NEWS! Ontario is now getting its first Superchargers this year, in Owen Sound! You were right @Ross!
Now in permit process

Only a 4 stall? Interesting choice. Given the amount of traffic on Highway 10 during the summer I would have thought it would warrant more. This will make one route to Manitoulin Island easier; Espanola and Sudbury will complete that circuit! I'm so greedy... :)

Did a tour of lake Huron last summer, and the return trip back from Tobermory to Barrie was on the edge in an S85 fully charged due to a few side trips we wanted to make.

There was really no charging up there, just a 120V outlet on the hotel we stayed at, and I paid $20 for an overnight charge as a courtesy.

Now there is DC fast charging for regular EV's and now Tesla's on that route. Times are changing!