Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ozark, AR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the way to do it is stop for a destination charge for about an hour, get lunch/dinner, add 30+ miles of range, and not bother with going south on I-30 for the LR SC.

Doing a CHAdeMO charge in Forrest City would be great, but according to PlugShare there's only one stall with CHAdeMO and it could even be blocked by someone using CCS. The destination chargers in Conway are numerous.

Really we need Tesla to make a damn CCS adapter for North American cars. That would absolutely change the game.

It would be great to have a supercharger in either Brinkley or Forrest City. Bypassing the Little Rock supercharger would cut 22 miles off the trip across Arkansas on I-40.
I would be leery of attempting Memphis to Ozark in my Y, fearing that the wind would kick up unexpectedly, or rain would catch us after we had skipped Little Rock.
With the direction of the prevailing winds in Oklahoma, I would be hesitant to try Ozark to OKC westbound. Eastbound, not too big a worry with a range charge in OKC.

It would be great to have a supercharger in either Brinkley or Forrest City. Bypassing the Little Rock supercharger would cut 22 miles off the trip across Arkansas on I-40.
I would be leery of attempting Memphis to Ozark in my Y, fearing that the wind would kick up unexpectedly, or rain would catch us after we had skipped Little Rock.
With the direction of the prevailing winds in Oklahoma, I would be hesitant to try Ozark to OKC westbound. Eastbound, not too big a worry with a range charge in OKC.

Yeah, that's been discussed a few times in this thread :D

There's also destination/L2 chargers along the way. Many of which are near restaurants. You could squirt about 30 miles of range into the car while you smoosh a cheeseburger into yourself ;)

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

Finally plugging the hole on I-40!!!

W00t!!!!!!
YES. I have avoided this west/east southern route for years because of the black hole. I would never be able to make it from OKC to Memphis by using superchargers. It's been promised since 2016, so glad to see it finally come about.

YES. I have avoided this west/east southern route for years because of the black hole. I would never be able to make it from OKC to Memphis by using superchargers. It's been promised since 2016, so glad to see it finally come about.

I did this west to east about a month ago. I still had to stop and use a Chademo to get about 40 miles range to make it, and that was going 65 mph.

There is still a gap, it's just not as large now.

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert
With a Model 3, you'll charge at 500+ miles per hour, so probably best to hit the Supercharger.
Well now, you probably understand what I am about to say, but some people might be mislead by that statement. In any Tesla, we are not going to get that 500 + mph for very long during the charging cycle. Better to quote an average charge mph for a state of charge for something like 20% to 90% or something similar. That is going to be far lower than 500+ mph.

On a recent road out west we stopped here on the way home. This was my favorite supercharger of all.

Somewhere to pee, get food, what set it apart was a trashcan and squeedge at SuC stalls.

PXL_20230601_161407726.jpg

Well now, you probably understand what I am about to say, but some people might be mislead by that statement. In any Tesla, we are not going to get that 500 + mph for very long during the charging cycle. Better to quote an average charge mph for a state of charge for something like 20% to 90% or something similar. That is going to be far lower than 500+ mph.
Yeah, completely depends on SoC. I'll normally run mine down to 8-13% and adjust my speed up/down to arrive at that SoC for best charging rate plus speed of travel without getting too low. Sometimes how it suggests charging is annoying, so manual override of route planning is necessary to achieve those arrival SoCs.