Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Palmdale, CA (LIVE 19 Oct 2020, 20 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you check your Tesla app and your superchargers available in your Tesla navigation screen, you will notice that Palmdale superchargers are not available. They are not open. When they appear as available, they are open. I just checked my navigation in Performance M3 and it shows the closest available SC for Palmdale is in Mojave. Phone app also does not show Palmdale.

Last edited:
If you check your Tesla app and your superchargers available in your Tesla navigation screen, you will notice that Palmdale superchargers are not available. They are not open. When they appear as available, they are open. I just checked my navigation in Performance M3 and it shows the closest available SC for Palmdale is in Mojave. Phone app also does not show Palmdale.
Nevertheless, there are such things as working superchargers that do not show up on any Tesla app/car/navigation. The Service Center at Burbank where I got my car has several chargers that don't show up in the apps or even charge my account. They're there to charge the Mobile Service cars, but nonetheless they exist.

What I'm saying is perhaps, when the Super Charger initially opens, it won't be on the app.

Nevertheless, there are such things as working superchargers that do not show up on any Tesla app/car/navigation. The Service Center at Burbank where I got my car has several chargers that don't show up in the apps or even charge my account. They're there to charge the Mobile Service cars, but nonetheless they exist.

What I'm saying is perhaps, when the Super Charger initially opens, it won't be on the app.

In the past, new Superchargers didn't show up in the nav/app/findus map for several days after they were first powered on and available for use (kind of a "soft open"). More recently, some new Superchargers were visible in the nav/app before being powered on. They'd show up as "Reduced service" with 0 stalls available for a few days (or weeks).

So it can really go either way.

Bruce.

True, app may be 2-3 days behind actual go live date but who would take a chance in needing a SC that does not show available in Navigation, not me. Also, Tesla made clear when the new Burbank SuperChargers opened, the SuperChargers at the Burbank Service Center were no longer available for public charging, only for Service Center use. Every long term customer of Burbank is aware of this change and it is correct therefore, that the Service Center SuperChargers do not show up in Navigation.

Most important to this thread, as of yesterday, neighbor was at the Palmdale SuperChargers, they were not able to charge. For us, we live in Palmdale, have solar on our roof, 95% of our annual electric, including charging our two Teslas is free so we most likely will never use the Palmdale SC. For others who drive through the Antelope Valley, they will be a great convenience and peace of mind to have an option between Mojave to the north or Santa Clarita to the south. If anyone is able to charge in Palmdale, let this thread know.

Reactions: JeffnReno
True, app may be 2-3 days behind actual go live date but who would take a chance in needing a SC that does not show available in Navigation, not me. Also, Tesla made clear when the new Burbank SuperChargers opened, the SuperChargers at the Burbank Service Center were no longer available for public charging, only for Service Center use. Every long term customer of Burbank is aware of this change and it is correct therefore, that the Service Center SuperChargers do not show up in Navigation.
I charged there at the Service Center a month ago. And you can charge there after 7pm. They got a little sign there that says that.

• Informative
Reactions: mblakele
Most important to this thread, as of yesterday, neighbor was at the Palmdale SuperChargers, they were not able to charge. For us, we live in Palmdale, have solar on our roof, 95% of our annual electric, including charging our two Teslas is free so we most likely will never use the Palmdale SC. For others who drive through the Antelope Valley, they will be a great convenience and peace of mind to have an option between Mojave to the north or Santa Clarita to the south. If anyone is able to charge in Palmdale, let this thread know.

I'm currently in north Orange county and have to drive to Edwards once or twice a week. My LR AWD can make it there but I either have to backtrack to Mojave or go out of my way to Santa Clarita to get enough to get back home. These superchargers are going to be an enormous help for me.

I'm currently in north Orange county and have to drive to Edwards once or twice a week. My LR AWD can make it there but I either have to backtrack to Mojave or go out of my way to Santa Clarita to get enough to get back home. These superchargers are going to be an enormous help for me.
It seems that this location will be great for you. If you have enough range, you can hit Granada Hills on the way back, currently also under construction.

Reactions: emchen

In a pinch, You could use the destination charger at the brewery, but the east stall was wayyyy slow. I have yet to call them and see if there is an equipment problem.

I got to Inyokern and points north occasionally, Palmdale will be very helpful in avoiding Mojave..

Reactions: MichaelP90DL
Can confirm, it's open! The Tesla Energy guy there said it should be on the map by tomorrow.
IMG_20201019_163400.jpg