Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Pasadena, CA - East Glenarm Street (LIVE 21 Oct 2021, 20 V3, 7 DCFC, 20 L2)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I spoke with someone in the City who is responsible for the EV charging locations. They did indeed remove the temporary trash cans they had out at the opening. The issue is that people were apparently putting way too much content in, including items brought from home. There was also dumping of larger items at the site which was totally unexpected. They are trying to figure out how to move forward with a solution. There is currently no scheduled City trash pickup that can be assigned to the site for some reason, maybe cause it isn't on a regular route? I was in a hurry and didn't have a chance to discuss it further.

He did mention that they may arrange to have a coffee truck there during some periods of the day, which may discourage bad behavior, as well as provide some form of trash collection when there. He was open to suggestion and encouraged me to get back to him if I have any ideas.

A captive audience would seem to be a good opportunity for one or more coffee/food trucks. The lot itself is certainly large enough to support it. Maybe I'll get back to him and let him know that would be a good solution. They could even put a call out to business to provide one or more food/drink options in exchange for them handling the associated trash. That would be a win-win for everyone. They could sell $5 lattes as fast as they could make them, 16 hours a day. I'll take a 5% cut of the net as the brains behind the idea! ;)

RT

$5 lattes?? What are we, Bolt owners? A Tesla owner would cough up at least 150% of that price. As long as it comes with a free drink after every ten orders. ;)

Thanks for posting the discussion you had. I wonder though, if they did put a coffee vendor there, would they provide port-a-potties as well? Nothing moves your bowels faster than a cuppa joe. I really enjoy using this SC station - it allows me just enough time to go for a run while charging.

Any suggestions on where to get a Chademo adaptor than the typical $5-600 asking price? Might be a good thing to have for a road trip.
tesla stop selling those already as the world gears towards CCS (North America and Europe).
Where I believe some Japanese EV are still sticking with Chademo. (stubborn)

I got mine back in 2019 when I just picked up the model 3, and was concerning about range anxiety and thought a back up would be a good idea.
Indeed, some free Chademo DC charge available near Pasadena area! ;)

Reactions: Motion122
I spoke with someone in the City who is responsible for the EV charging locations. They did indeed remove the temporary trash cans they had out at the opening. The issue is that people were apparently putting way too much content in, including items brought from home. There was also dumping of larger items at the site which was totally unexpected. They are trying to figure out how to move forward with a solution. There is currently no scheduled City trash pickup that can be assigned to the site for some reason, maybe cause it isn't on a regular route? I was in a hurry and didn't have a chance to discuss it further.

He did mention that they may arrange to have a coffee truck there during some periods of the day, which may discourage bad behavior, as well as provide some form of trash collection when there. He was open to suggestion and encouraged me to get back to him if I have any ideas.

A captive audience would seem to be a good opportunity for one or more coffee/food trucks. The lot itself is certainly large enough to support it. Maybe I'll get back to him and let him know that would be a good solution. They could even put a call out to business to provide one or more food/drink options in exchange for them handling the associated trash. That would be a win-win for everyone. They could sell $5 lattes as fast as they could make them, 16 hours a day. I'll take a 5% cut of the net as the brains behind the idea! ;)

RT
When you get a chance next time, would the informant from the City know those DCFC will be back online?

Saw this demo bus charging this morning. I should have asked the driver if Pasadena was considering deploying these for their local shuttles.

PXL_20211216_143326297.MP.jpg

There was an i3 charging at one of the 4 Tritium chargers this morning when I stopped by. I checked the units and they still show Greenlots stencils on them. Not sure who is the new provider if anyone.

RT
Used the Tritium chargers last weekend (Christmas Eve), and I have the entire row of Tesla across the lot all staring at me. 😅
Then one even drove back and forth when he was leaving and gave me a dirty look. 🤷‍♂️

Looks like City of Pasadena will be providing them for free, just plug and play. (Although the Chademo adaptor took a while to be recognized sometimes). Just that they havn't remove the Greenlots stickers yet.

• Informative
Reactions: PStewart
Used the Tritium chargers last weekend (Christmas Eve), and I have the entire row of Tesla across the lot all staring at me. 😅
Then one even drove back and forth when he was leaving and gave me a dirty look. 🤷‍♂️

Looks like City of Pasadena will be providing them for free, just plug and play. (Although the Chademo adaptor took a while to be recognized sometimes). Just that they havn't remove the Greenlots stickers yet.
Only if I can somehow find a Chademo adaptor really cheap. How fast are those chargers?

Does anyone else get slow speeds or just me? I know its been cold lately, but only been getting 45-100kwh sometimes. I only precondition for like 10mins before arriving at station though so maybe the reason? I always charge below 50% too. I would think even after 50% it would be 72+ since its a v3? I SC almost weekly and car is 2018... Hopefully not throttling me.

They have put out 4 cardboard temporary garbage boxes. Look to be left over from the Rose Parade. Good idea. Also, the 6 city chargers now have new stickers over the old green lots instructions stating that charging is free for a limited time.

RT
If any of the regulars on this thread are interested in a brand new set of original Model Y floor mats let me know. I got a set of very nice upgraded mats prior to the cars arrival, so I never used these. First PM gets the mats. Only caveat is that the pickup needs to be at the Glenarm Supercharger. I'll bring them there and we can arrange a date/time.

PXL_20211223_223835044.MP.jpg

Reactions: Limited
Does anyone else get slow speeds or just me? I know its been cold lately, but only been getting 45-100kwh sometimes. I only precondition for like 10mins before arriving at station though so maybe the reason? I always charge below 50% too. I would think even after 50% it would be 72+ since its a v3? I SC almost weekly and car is 2018... Hopefully not throttling me.
Seems to be working fine today

20220214_120524.jpg

Depending on which vehicle you have, and specific SOC, those are standard charge speeds when it’s chilly. It only gets worse as temps get seriously freezing. V3 has potential to charge 250kw but the cold batteries limit the rate substantially. Warming the battery for 60+ minutes will make the biggest difference.

Reactions: henh2o