Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Perry, OK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All three, Denton, Ardmore, and Perry are now showing as "coming soon" on the new Tesla map. I doubt Tesla would include a site on the coming soon map if they haven't secured a site and applied for permit.

I hope that's true (for Ardmore, the others are more-or-less confirmed). However, the Northpark Mall Gallery showed "coming soon" for close to two years before it actually opened.

However, the Northpark Mall Gallery showed "coming soon" for close to two years before it actually opened.

The reason it took so long for Dallas' gallery to be opened in NorthPark Mall was George Blankenship's (Tesla's former top marketing VP) insistence that the Gallery be located there, and waiting for appropriate space to become available during the Mall's major renovations.
Location, location, location.
Tesla made a plan, then a commitment and stuck to it: good for them.

I eagerly await the three North-bound connecting SpC to begin construction and then be open.
It sucks having to spend 7 to 8 hours getting a full charge in the wild (unless I am also sleeping while the car is charging).

I eagerly await the three North-bound connecting SpC to begin construction and then be open.
It sucks having to spend 7 to 8 hours getting a full charge in the wild (unless I am also sleeping while the car is charging).

Me too. Although the last trip charging time was six hours total (one 3.5 hour HWPC, one 90 minute RV, and one 1 hour SC). That compares to twelve hours charging for the first trip.

Any update on the supercharger pipeline from Texas running North?
Not that I have heard, there are two confirmed permit applications and one site under construction, and one speculated permit application (that city doesn't post their applications online).

Yep. Ardmore will get a call in about another week, for a permit copy / address. That will put one more dot on one more map!

Rick

FYI, I stopped by this location in Perry earlier today, just to see if they had broken ground yet. Unfortunately, I didn't see any sign of work, not even flags in the ground for the trenching that would need to happen. This address is the combined gas station and Subway restaurant right by I-35. A couple other fast food places right next door, nothing fancy.

I took the road trip down there, mainly to put a few miles on the ICE pickup. That vehicle is so neglected since I purchased the Leaf 18 months ago. Today might have been more miles than it was driven over the last 6 months. Some months, I've gotten it out and driven 5 miles "around the block" just to get the engine warm. :) I tried starting it back in Dec, but the 12V battery was drained. Click, click, click.... I sure need to do a better job at putting a few miles on it every month to keep it from degrading.

FYI, I stopped by this location in Perry earlier today, just to see if they had broken ground yet. Unfortunately, I didn't see any sign of work, not even flags in the ground for the trenching that would need to happen. This address is the combined gas station and Subway restaurant right by I-35. A couple other fast food places right next door, nothing fancy.

I took the road trip down there, mainly to put a few miles on the ICE pickup. That vehicle is so neglected since I purchased the Leaf 18 months ago. Today might have been more miles than it was driven over the last 6 months. Some months, I've gotten it out and driven 5 miles "around the block" just to get the engine warm. :) I tried starting it back in Dec, but the 12V battery was drained. Click, click, click.... I sure need to do a better job at putting a few miles on it every month to keep it from degrading.

Since we got our Model S in October, the Camry has simply sat in the garage. Finally needed it a couple weeks ago, so I went out to start it--and got the same 'click, click, click' of a drained battery. My son & I pushed it out and then jumped it from our minivan. I had him drive the Camry for a week, just to exercise the battery. He leaves for college in the fall, and I suspect I, too, will have to adopt a regimen of driving it every few weeks just to keep the battery from draining again.

Since we got our Model S in October, the Camry has simply sat in the garage. Finally needed it a couple weeks ago, so I went out to start it--and got the same 'click, click, click' of a drained battery. My son & I pushed it out and then jumped it from our minivan. I had him drive the Camry for a week, just to exercise the battery. He leaves for college in the fall, and I suspect I, too, will have to adopt a regimen of driving it every few weeks just to keep the battery from draining again.

A better idea is to buy a Battery Minder. Here is a good model that is temperature compensated with a 2 Amp charge current: Amazon.com: BatteryMINDer Charger/Maintainer/Desulfater - 12V, Model# 2012: Automotive. You can buy an 8 Amp model for a little more money, but for your application 2 Amps is probably plenty. Temperature compensation is very important for good charging in the winter.

You still need to start it and run/drive the car for 30 minutes or so every few months to warm up and coat all the internal engine parts with oil to avoid corrosion. After several months the oil drips down off of internal engine parts like the cam shafts and corrosion can start.

And here I was all excited because I thought I would see a post about construction starting :)

I've been checking it about weekly. As of last weekend there's been no activity. The guy who runs the gas station isn't the property owner, but he says they were on contract and expecting to be finished in February. I anticipate something starting in the next couple weeks.

If anyone wants to check it out in the meantime, the mexican place across the highway is pretty good... :)

The Cherokee Strip Museum is across the street. Pretty cool place to walk around in the day time. We used to stop there when we were driving from Texas to Minnesota a lot. Used to have deer in an enclosed area. Make sure to get some ice cream at the nearby Braum's as well.

Or you might buy a simple small 12V trickle charger at Harbor Freight or one of the auto parts places or even eBay or Amazon.