Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Perry, OK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The gas station is run by contractors, while the owners are the ones who made the deal with Tesla. The manager knows a little, but not much. I would suspect that they will know once major construction starts (i.e., installing a transformer, pouring concrete), but not when site inspections and prep are done.

I'll drive by either this weekend or sometime next week to have a look at it. I suspect we'll get either the Ardmore or the Weatherford crew.

I called the gas station yesterday to ask if construction had started. The lady that answered didn't know what I was asking about. A little trouble communicating, so who knows what the real status is without an actual drive by.

Per my review of Google maps and some calculations, after Ardmore and Weatherford are completed, you will be able to get to Wichita from Weatherford in 215 to 230 miles, without using Perry Superchargers.
Still not close enough for a 60, but a judicious drive in an 85 could get to Wichita.

Texas' (and Louisiana's) days as a Supercharger Island are numbered...
Probably less than 2 weeks and CONNECTION.

Trenches are dug, conduits are in, the crew is there welding today, and expect to pour concrete on Monday. They're moving on to okc after they finish here!
they also confirmed plans for two superchargers in Tulsa.

They promised to send me the address sometime today for the okc location.

Attachments

• IMAG1024.jpg
    IMAG1024.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 609
OKC is a hole that should be filled. Would like to see it - perhaps at the service center (coming soon).

Tulsa... I'm skeptical.

Looks like the same supercharger approach as Dallas: all the superchargers are an hour "down the road" from the city. Granted in DFW there are some HPWC options around, but they are not convenient or positioned for through travelers not wanting to get into the heart of the city.

But in OKC they do need to fill the holes to the E and NE.

Thanks for the update on the Perry site. We are planning a trip from Dallas to Kansas City on March 27th and if they can get the site done by then we can take the Tesla. The Tesla folks are saying it should be done by around that date so finger crossed! If you happen to be in the area and are able to post any more updates before the 27th that would be awesome. Thanks!

Thanks for the update on the Perry site. We are planning a trip from Dallas to Kansas City on March 27th and if they can get the site done by then we can take the Tesla. The Tesla folks are saying it should be done by around that date so finger crossed! If you happen to be in the area and are able to post any more updates before the 27th that would be awesome. Thanks!

Even if they can't get it done, just do a range charge in Ardmore and stop at the Fairgrounds in Winfield, KS. You'll likely only need 30 minutes at the fairgrounds to give you enough to get to Wichita. Last time I did it, it took 90 minutes of charging there to get to Salina.

Even if they can't get it done, just do a range charge in Ardmore and stop at the Fairgrounds in Winfield, KS. You'll likely only need 30 minutes at the fairgrounds to give you enough to get to Wichita. Last time I did it, it took 90 minutes of charging there to get to Salina.

Good point and good idea. I tried to find the Fairgrounds you mentioned and they appear to be about 30 minutes off of the highway, is that right?

Good point and good idea. I tried to find the Fairgrounds you mentioned and they appear to be about 30 minutes off of the highway, is that right?
That would be about right. Before Superchargers forced me to use the Interstate, my route was 377 to 177 to 77, so Winfield was right on the way. I really wish Tesla would put SCs on state highways.

I have charged a few times - good 14-50 240 V/50 Amp RV outlet - at Oasis RV park - right directly off I-35 in KS just over the OK border. People are nice - I always gave them $10 or $20 if I was there a long time. I am sure $5 is fine for an hour or so.

Oasis RV Park

1592 S Seneca Rd
South Haven, KS 67140

I have charged a few times - good 14-50 240 V/50 Amp RV outlet - at Oasis RV park - right directly off I-35 in KS just over the OK border. People are nice - I always gave them $10 or $20 if I was there a long time. I am sure $5 is fine for an hour or so.

Oasis RV Park

1592 S Seneca Rd
South Haven, KS 67140
Thanks sb11, good to know. Just found this site on the plugshare ap so along with the other suggestion should be all set even if they do not get Perry open by next Friday. Much appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, forgot to mention this will be a six stall location. Dunno how to let Blueshift know, I just assume you put it on here and he magically knows everything...
Hi thatheard, just curious if you have been by the Perry site recently. Any update on progress of construction?