Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Perry, OK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Main thing is you made it there and back again, and had a bit more breathing room.
The Means and Methods to reach your destination is up to each individual driver.
Hope you had a chance to enjoy some great BBQ while in KC.

You didn't mention if you happened to stop by Perry on the way back home.
So, unless a crew got busy installing the transformer, I already know the answer...

BTW: I just got my email on a CHAdeMO adaptor today (Wednesday), so I will soon be able to add that to my bag of tricks for long distance travel.
Nothing beat Superchargers, but it sounds like CHAdeMO is a worthy alternate when needing a charge.

I got my CHAdeMO email on Wednesday as well, and immediately ordered it. CHAdeMOs have been popping up all over here in the Twin Cities lately. Goodwill has been on a building spree for the past year, and for whatever reason they've been including EVSEs at their new buildings. Last year they were all 30 Chargepoint chargers, which may be worthwhile for Leafs but IMHO are pointless for Teslas. But in the past couple of months they've been going back and adding CHAdeMOs, often times replacing the 30 amp EVSE with a CHAdeMO. Hopefully my adapter will be here soon so I can go test it out around town.

You didn't mention if you happened to stop by Perry on the way back home.
So, unless a crew got busy installing the transformer, I already know the answer...

BTW: I just got my email on a CHAdeMO adaptor today (Wednesday), so I will soon be able to add that to my bag of tricks for long distance travel.
Nothing beat Superchargers, but it sounds like CHAdeMO is a worthy alternate when needing a charge.

Yes, thank you for the reminder. We did indeed stop on the way home but that was on Monday (the 30th) and found much the same as thatheard. It was pretty late in the evening so no one else was around to ask questions but looked like not much had happened since we had gone through on Friday (the 27th). Look forward to seeing what thatheard has for us today or tomorrow in terms of an update.

That is great that you are getting your CHAdeMo adapter. It is significantly better than other non-supercharger options but as you say, nothing beats the supercharger!

Transformer is installed. The lights are installed, and lines are painted. It looks like maybe they're just waiting for an inspection?
IMAG1151.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not sure that statement is correct! Mobile, Alabama is closing in FAST! There's a chance it could go live on Friday as well...maybe before Perry!!

I read they were getting ready to pour some concrete around the transformer @ Mobile on Wednesday 4-8-15 (2:21 pm post by ED BENSON)?
Coming down to the wire.
Supercharger Teams: Ready, Set, GO!!!

Maybe BOTH Mobile and Perry go live Friday?

I read they were getting ready to pour some concrete around the transformer @ Mobile on Wednesday 4-8-15 (2:21 pm post by ED BENSON)?

Right, but check the thread again, there was a news team out there Wednesday (in the afternoon?) and you can see in the video that the concrete has been poured and the forms removed. Ed's report mentioned that all of the wiring (he thought) was complete. The outage to connect the primary was early this morning so if that went well then I think all we lack is cleanup and the SuperCharger team's final inspection. I'm hoping the inspection and golive happens today or tomorrow for both Perry and Mobile!

Awesome News.

Since both the Perry and Mobile Superchargers have been activated, this really makes travel into/out of/ through (as a junction) Texas using nothing but Superchargers a reality.

Really great to see this happening in the Spring of 2015.
Now I can start making real travel plans and not be (as) constrained which direction to head.

Literally, the Supercharger map is filling in before our eyes:
One year ago (almost to the day) they were just reaching 100 Superchargers (85 in North America).
Currently there are 423 Superchargers World Wide (200 in North America).

Now THAT is some serious progress.

:smile: :smile: :smile:

Thank you Tesla Motors!

Ten days after you reported you couldn't charge, they're just now going to send some folks out to look at it? When Harris Ranch went down they were on it the same day. (Yes, I know one is in Oklahoma and the other is in California, but even so...)

Ten days after you reported you couldn't charge, they're just now going to send some folks out to look at it? When Harris Ranch went down they were on it the same day. (Yes, I know one is in Oklahoma and the other is in California, but even so...)

Yes, disconcerting. :-( I thought that maybe it was because it wasn't officially open or something - but while it is not shown as active on Tesla's map, it does show up in their list of open superchargers. I was counting on this one on my upcoming drive STL -> ABQ next week; looks like I should make some backup plans or plan on overnighting at the Hilton in OKC instead of trying to push it to Weatherford. Thanks for the headsup thatheard.

Yes, disconcerting. :-( I thought that maybe it was because it wasn't officially open or something - but while it is not shown as active on Tesla's map, it does show up in their list of open superchargers. I was counting on this one on my upcoming drive STL -> ABQ next week; looks like I should make some backup plans or plan on overnighting at the Hilton in OKC instead of trying to push it to Weatherford. Thanks for the headsup thatheard.

If you do a range charge at Ardmore, you should only need to stop at an RV park for a short time to get enough to make it to Wichita.

Well, that was silly. I went the wrong direction, must the the 25 hours of sleep I've had in the past seven days. Range charge in Wichita, and then pick up some extra miles in Oklahoma City or an RV park just before. As it's only 230 miles from Wichita to Weatherford (or 203 if you take the direct route starting with hwy 42) you should be able to do it in one go.

Last edited: