Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Plano, TX - Windhaven Parkway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped by this relatively new location in Plano. Interesting 12 stall design with 8 on one side and 4 on the other. Location is good next to Windhaven exit off Dallas North Tollway. It's mainly in a business plaza (surgery center, bank) but there is a Jimmy John's sandwich shop and a large 7-11 and Subway near.
IMG_0515.jpg

Filing for a Supercharger located at Windhaven Park shopping center at 6101 Windhaven Pkwy, Plano, TX 79093. The RAS, tenant and design firm are indicative of Superchargers although not directly stated.

@corywright @Big Earl @Chuq
There is in fact a new Tesla Supercharger here, but despite being advertised as a 250kw, it acts more like a 150kw. It is really slow. Took 35 minutes in my 2023 Model Y to charge from 33% to 79% and I never got more than 78kwh.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
There is in fact a new Tesla Supercharger here, but despite being advertised as a 250kw, it acts more like a 150kw. It is really slow. Took 35 minutes in my 2023 Model Y to charge from 33% to 79% and I never got more than 78kwh.
The only time you will get 250K is when your battery is pre-conditioned and state of charge between 11-15% and 40%. There are you tube videos and threads that show the charge rate and how it ramps up and tapers down. Once you get above 65% is typically drops below 100 Kw

The only time you will get 250K is when your battery is pre-conditioned and state of charge between 11-15% and 40%. There are you tube videos and threads that show the charge rate and how it ramps up and tapers down. Once you get above 65% is typically drops below 100 Kw
Yep. Was there yesterday starting out at 32% SOC and that's pretty much what happened.

Reactions: TulsaCoker