Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Plantation, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Funny how you note that this council is pretty much opposite of a Colorado one. One of the items on the agenda before ours was a local law PROHIBITING the medical use of marijuana, even if the statewide referendum passes. It was unanimously approved by this lovely group you see. This was after having to sit through one of our lovely citizen's hysterical grandstanding about how marijuana is going to ruin the world. If not for the fact that this was before the vote on our item, I would have had a few things to say.

As the "lovely citizen" was making his speech on the evils of marijuana, I turned to Ron and whispered "I voted yes to it" I was a bit surprised how quickly unanimous the vote was though. Not even one dissenting voice. At least we did get a win on the more important vote of the night for us. Before the vote, one of the council members said he'd had a test drive of a Model S already. Beau mentioned there were 3 Model S's outside. We gave a couple of city officials a quick tour of Bill D's car afterwards. They left impressed naturally.

As the "lovely citizen" was making his speech on the evils of marijuana, I turned to Ron and whispered "I voted yes to it" I was a bit surprised how quickly unanimous the vote was though. Not even one dissenting voice. At least we did get a win on the more important vote of the night for us. Before the vote, one of the council members said he'd had a test drive of a Model S already. Beau mentioned there were 3 Model S's outside. We gave a couple of city officials a quick tour of Bill D's car afterwards. They left impressed naturally.

You should clarify that you were talking about the statewide ballot; not the Plantation one.

The supercharge.info site shows a blue (permit) dot for this, but the permit has not yet been applied for. I'm not sure who is responsible for keeping this map up to date.

Those blue dots typically appear as soon as Tesla enters the planning/permitting process. I believe that this is a reasonable generalization of "permit" phase. Because an application was made and it appeared on the Planning Board agenda, it got a blue dot. Hopefully, Tesla's contractor will apply for a building permit soon.

If you want to communicate with the Supercharge.Info maintainers (they are volunteers doing this on their own time), send an e-mail to [email protected].

Thanks. I had been wondering about this.

Here is a link to search for permits in Plantation. Just type "Tesla" in the search box. It currently shows the permit Tesla got in September for the council meeting.

https://aca.plantation.org/citizenaccess/
tesla plantation.png

Hi Kenny,

I am informed that Tesla is awaiting a few last details from the utility before filing for a permit.

Larry

Thanks. I had been wondering about this.

Here is a link to search for permits in Plantation. Just type "Tesla" in the search box. It currently shows the permit Tesla got in September for the council meeting.

https://aca.plantation.org/citizenaccess/

Just to clarify in case its not clear to those following this thread, the document that Bill posted above is not a building permit. It is a request for City Council review. To proceed Tesla needed an exception to two city requirements. That was granted by the City Council on October 22nd in a 4 to 1 vote in favor of granting the exceptions.

Tesla's contractor still needs to file for a building permit and of course that means going through all the review and inspections necessary to receive approval to proceed and break ground.

Larry

Hmmm. It's been over a month since the city counsel approved the installation, and not even a construction permit is on file yet.

I wonder if the contractor/Tesla is still waiting on FP&L or if it's something else.

Hmmm. It's been over a month since the city counsel approved the installation, and not even a construction permit is on file yet.

I wonder if the contractor/Tesla is still waiting on FP&L or if it's something else.
This is not unusual. DeFuniak Springs, Whitehall, Pa. , Grove City, Oh , all approved with no visible sign of construction for months.

There have been rumors of a supercharger at the Pompano beach Service plaza on the turnpike. The installations at two other service plaza have moved relatively quickly through the construction phase. If this site is indeed slated for a supercharger then there is a possibility that a supercharger at this location could be up and running by mid-march.