Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Plattsburgh NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any first hand info on whether this station is open? As of this moment, it is showing up on supercharge.info, but not on Plugshare. It is also not on the Tesla supercharger map yet either, and, as I previously posted, it is not in the Navigation database.

It is on the Supercharger map and in car navigation since Friday,

Here is a really bad picture I took in the car last Friday:
Plattsburgh.JPG

And here is Supercharger map right now
Plattsburgh.png

Any first hand info on whether this station is open? As of this moment, it is showing up on supercharge.info, but not on Plugshare. It is also not on the Tesla supercharger map yet either, and, as I previously posted, it is not in the Navigation database.

Bradley from Vermont (I don't know if he is a user here) just checked in at the Plattsburgh SC 10 minutes ago on the IOS Superchargers app. He added a few pictures.

FullSizeRender (2).jpg
FullSizeRender (1).jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg

Over the holiday weekend on Dec 24 - I noticed a large number of superchargers that were out, I think half of them. I tried them started for a few secs and then they flashed red on my car charging port light. When I finally supercharged and drive away, I started to get error messages that Power was Reduced on my car and to seek service. "Ok to drive" and "Speed limited". Has anyone seen similar problems?

I tried the superchargers on Jan 2 and they seem to have been fixed.

Over the holiday weekend on Dec 24 - I noticed a large number of superchargers that were out, I think half of them. I tried them started for a few secs and then they flashed red on my car charging port light. When I finally supercharged and drive away, I started to get error messages that Power was Reduced on my car and to seek service. "Ok to drive" and "Speed limited". Has anyone seen similar problems?

I tried the superchargers on Jan 2 and they seem to have been fixed.
Perhaps it was something with your car, and not the supercharger?

What a great place to watch the eclipse! We arrived at Plattsburgh SC a little past Noon and there was quite a crowd. Chaos was avoided though by some good natured person handing out hand written slips of paper with each new arrival’s place in line, I was #72. 7/8 stalls were operational and maybe 15 cars/hour were charging. By the time we left a little before five there was a new “mayor” still handing out slips and calling out numbers in sequence as chargers freed up. They’re up around 120 and more trickling in.

Reminded me of the early days when Tesla owners were more of a community.

Attachments

• IMG_5242.jpeg
    IMG_5242.jpeg
    520.2 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: Acps110 and Thinkje
What a great place to watch the eclipse! We arrived at Plattsburgh SC a little past Noon and there was quite a crowd. Chaos was avoided though by some good natured person handing out hand written slips of paper with each new arrival’s place in line, I was #72. 7/8 stalls were operational and maybe 15 cars/hour were charging. By the time we left a little before five there was a new “mayor” still handing out slips and calling out numbers in sequence as chargers freed up. They’re up around 120 and more trickling in.

Reminded me of the early days when Tesla owners were more of a community.
Good that there was someone there to organize the queue. I flew in from Texas at the last minute to Syracuse and then made a last second decision to drive to Plattsburg. As much as I love both my Teslas I purposely chose to rent a gas sedan instead of a rental Model 3 to avoid this situation. The rental car agency ended giving me a Jeep Wrangler hybrid which I charged at a Level 2 right next to cumberland bay. I then took the scenic route back to Syracuse to avoid all the traffic on I-87.