Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Pooler, GA - US 80

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla is currently showing the address of the planned Supercharger in Pooler, GA

907 US-80
Pooler , GA 31322

Screen Shot 2022-10-06 at 12.56.36 PM.png

Reactions: PStewart
Ignore the image showing the marker in downtown Pooler. This address is for an Enmarket at I-95 and Route 80 (aka Louisville Road, exit 102), a mile east of downtown Pooler. Enmarket of course has hosted several other EV charging sites so this does seem reasonable.

Reactions: PStewart
Looks like Tesla snuck one in on us and is now online per the website and the app.

Can anyone go by and confirm?

907 US-80 Pooler, GA 31322

@corywright @Big Earl

View attachment 890764

Sorry but this doesn't pass the smell test.

I think it's a mistake.

It's highly unlikely that Tesla would drop another V3 site so close to both an old V2 and a new V3 Supercharger location.

I think it's a mistake.

It's highly unlikely that Tesla would drop another V3 site so close to both an old V2 and a new V3 Supercharger location.
Lol…you think it’s a mistake Tesla “accidentally” put a new supercharger on their online map, the app, and the in-car nav with an actual place and address? That’s quite the take lol.

I think it's a mistake.

It is likely. The two existing sites are bad for I-95 traffic and tthe Savannah Airport location is old and small.

The Savannah Airport Supercharger opened 1/15/2014, the lease (5yr +5yr) would be up soon and Tesla pays them for the spaces (6 spaces, $600/mo. Supercharger - Savannah, GA See the linked article in that post).

Tesla doesn't close many existing sites, but the airport location would be a possible one to close.

Reactions: jsight
Pooler - US 80, GA

Host Type: Gas Station
Host: Enmarket
Along Primary Interstates: I-16, I-95
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-80
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-16

To: End (Downtown Savannah, GA) - 12.1 miles
Diversion: 6.3 miles

I-95

To: Savannah, GA (v2) - 4.1 miles
Diversion: 0.4 miles
To: Hardeeville, SC - 16.3 miles

A Savannah area Supercharger that's convenient for travelers on I-95. Potentially allows Tesla to close their Savannah Airport v2 Supercharger the lease for which would be up for renewal.

Reactions: jsight
Adding a few pictures. Note I-95, elevated in the background. This supercharger is tucked behind an Enmarket gas station / convenience store. McDonalds is next door, with KFC & Terra Mia (Italian) across the street, and Taco Bell & Cracker Barrel if you really like crosswalks. Live electrons confirmed, although I couldn't confirm 250 kW because my battery wasn't preconditioned. Traffic-wise, at rush hour it took a few minutes to get back onto Louisville Rd (US-80) heading west towards I-95, because the Continental Blvd turning lane was already full from surrounding businesses.

I've personally always thought the Savannah Airport (V2) location was problematic, because one has to enter the (pay) parking lot and perhaps walk into the airport to find a human being to validate your ticket (to avoid paying for parking). Although full disclosure, I've never used it because I charge in my garage just a few miles away. I would think this new location would be preferable for many reasons.

Happy I-95 charging, y'all!
20230109_171858-Pooler-95-supercharger.jpg

20230109_171837-Pooler-95-supercharger.jpg

20230109_171825-Pooler-95-supercharger.jpg