Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Post, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s here but I can’t tell if it’s in there from this angle:

IMG_5095.jpeg

Reactions: Guacahummus
I noticed they don’t have back stops installed:

They may be waiting until those are in before they energize the station. Maybe?
Recent new site installations have not had the backstops, and in some cases, they were put in and then removed before the site was commissioned. The reason posted elsewhere is that Cybertrucks and probably other non-Tesla vehicles cannot reach the cable when using the v3 stalls if the stop is in place. What that means of course is that one of these vehicles will probably damage the pedestal sooner or later!

Off topic: This site is coming online just in time for the eclipse. Does anyone know of other sites being deployed for the eclipse or extra "trailer charging" facilities going in somewhere anytime between April 5th-8th? Tesla has done this even on holiday weekends in places known to be congested. I'm flying to ABQ and renting a MYLR and am most worried that Lubbock has only 3 stalls. The wait there may be ghastly! Post TX is not on my ideal route, but it might help if I can stretch the drive from NM.

Reactions: HillCountryFun
Recent new site installations have not had the backstops, and in some cases, they were put in and then removed before the site was commissioned. The reason posted elsewhere is that Cybertrucks and probably other non-Tesla vehicles cannot reach the cable when using the v3 stalls if the stop is in place. What that means of course is that one of these vehicles will probably damage the pedestal sooner or later!

Off topic: This site is coming online just in time for the eclipse. Does anyone know of other sites being deployed for the eclipse or extra "trailer charging" facilities going in somewhere anytime between April 5th-8th? Tesla has done this even on holiday weekends in places known to be congested. I'm flying to ABQ and renting a MYLR and am most worried that Lubbock has only 3 stalls. The wait there may be ghastly! Post TX is not on my ideal route, but it might help if I can stretch the drive from NM.
Thanks for the info!!

I'm flying to ABQ and renting a MYLR and am most worried that Lubbock has only 3 stalls.
Lubbock has 4 stalls.

Also, the new 8-stall station in Post TX is still not showing up on my app or in the car. I wonder if it's down.

In the app I set up a trip from Roswell NM to Sweetwater TX, and it should have routed through Post TX, but it went through Lubbock instead:

2024,0328@2017_RoswellToSweetwater_NoPost.png

Then I zoomed in on Post TX and asked the app to show me the Superchargers in the area, but Post doesn't show:

2024,0328@2026_PostNotShowingUp.png

Last edited:
Lubbock has 4 stalls.

Also, the new 8-stall station in Post TX is still not showing up on my app or in the car. I wonder if it's down.

In the app I set up a trip from Roswell NM to Sweetwater TX, and it should have routed through Post TX, but it went through Lubbock instead:

View attachment 1033219

Then I zoomed in on Post TX and asked the app to show me the Superchargers in the area, but Post doesn't show:

View attachment 1033220
Yeah, doesn't show in my Tesla App's map yet either, but it is still active in my car. As of right now, says 8 of 8 stalls available. Tried navigating to Lubbock and it put the Post charger in my route. Not sure why it's not showing up in your car. Try rebooting your MCU maybe?

I just checked the map in my car and it's showing up now. I just checked the App and it's still not showing up, but Lubbock's small 4-stall station shows a ~10-min wait! [Edited: OK, a couple minutes later and Lubbock shows 1 stall open. I won't be using Lubbock next week if Post is open. :cool:]

Last edited:
Post to Plainview should be an easy distance. The Tesla service location in Lubbock is really out of the way.
I'll be coming from Roswell, so I plan on heading east on US-380, which runs into Post, then US-84 down to I-20 and points east. Lubbock would be only 21 mi out of the way, but Plainview would be 77 mi out of the way. :cool: Will be interesting to see if there are as many wind turbines on that part of the Llano Estacado as up north in the Amarillo area.

I'll be coming from Roswell, so I plan on heading east on US-380, which runs into Post, then US-84 down to I-20 and points east. Lubbock would be only 21 mi out of the way, but Plainview would be 77 mi out of the way. :cool: Will be interesting to see if there are as many wind turbines on that part of the Llano Estacado as up north in the Amarillo area.
Different direction for sure. I’ve been traveling from South Texas to CO and generally going via Raton Pass so Sweetwater to Plainview was a recent run. Avoided stopping in Lubbock. Post will be a nice intermediate stop.