Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Prattville, AL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A new Supercharger is being installed at the Target in Prattville. Currently under construction. Not yet on supercharge.info. 3 cabinets so probably 12 stalls.

2754 Legends Pkwy
Prattville, AL 36066
United States

Attachments

• IMG_5230.jpeg
    IMG_5230.jpeg
    978 KB · Views: 394
Prattville, AL

Host Type: Mall
Host: Prattville Town Center
Along Primary Interstates: I-65
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-31, US-82
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-65

To: Mountain Brook, AL - 81.2 miles
Diversion: 1.2 miles
To: Gardendale, AL - 92.4 miles

US-31

To: Mountain Brook, AL - 88.3 miles
Diversion: 6.1 miles
To: Birmingham, AL (v2) - 91.2 miles

US-82

To: Montgomery - Mobile Hwy, AL - 13.3 miles
Diversion: 0.4 miles
To: Albany, GA - 161.9 miles

Another one on I-65 in the Montgomery area, less diversion from I-65 than the current west Montgomery Supercharger.

Reactions: Kewmpie1
Here are some pictures I took when driving by today 😊 We have 12 V4 stalls! And as a bonus, most of these have their internals exposed. Transformer already installed! ✅

Attachments

• IMG_6425.jpeg
    IMG_6425.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 165
  • IMG_6426.jpeg
    IMG_6426.jpeg
    740.2 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_6427.jpeg
    IMG_6427.jpeg
    909.3 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_6428.jpeg
    IMG_6428.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 163
  • IMG_6429.jpeg
    IMG_6429.jpeg
    515.6 KB · Views: 173
There is no debate - those are v4 charging posts for sure. What everyone is waiting to see or hear from Tesla is what kind of power output the existing v3 supercharger cabinets deliver through these new posts. I think the working assumption is the v4 posts will likely initially be throttled at 250kW, delivering the same power as v3 posts but with the capability of including MagicDock CCS capability, and a longer charging cable from a position in the center of the parking spot that will hopefully be more friendly to other EV's to charge.

and a longer charging cable from a position in the center of the parking spot that will hopefully be more friendly to other EV's to charge.
The pictures above show most of the chargers are not in the center of the parking spots (could be a site design limitation). However, with the longer cable one should be able to charge from any port location. The issue I see here is non-Tesla EV's with a front left charging port (e.g. F150) pulling straight in and using the wrong charger.

Reactions: Tdreamer
The pictures above show most of the chargers are not in the center of the parking spots (could be a site design limitation). However, with the longer cable one should be able to charge from any port location. The issue I see here is non-Tesla EV's with a front left charging port (e.g. F150) pulling straight in and using the wrong charger.
They can fix this with signs above the cabinet like in Auburn. "Please use other side."

Reactions: Jeremy3292
This is right close to me. Have not been on the forums in some time and I saw this on X. Can't wait to have these ones close by in case needed. Wish we could get some in Clanton for the trip up to Birmingham, but these are in a great location with plenty of food and right close to the Interstate. I will have to drive by and take some more pictures soon.

Reactions: Anthony R.
This is right close to me. Have not been on the forums in some time and I saw this on X. Can't wait to have these ones close by in case needed. Wish we could get some in Clanton for the trip up to Birmingham, but these are in a great location with plenty of food and right close to the Interstate. I will have to drive by and take some more pictures soon.
We live in Covington County and this will be such a great option for our trips to north Alabama

Reactions: BamaRed
You are of course right, and thank you for the correction. I'm comment a lot more frequently on sites in the Northeast that without exception are installed behind the curb for winter snow removal reasons. Those, and many similar installs in other parts of the country have started being installed closer to parking spot center over the past year with the universal bases presumably with possible future v3 --> v4 post upgrades in mind.

And yes, even with the v4 posts there is no perfect solution for all EV's and where they currently have their charging ports. I don't think any manufacturers going to NACS have gone into details yet, but hopefully all will relocate their charging ports to left-rear or front right corners in the updated models....