Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Prattville, AL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just had a buddy of mine in Prattville do a drive by. He says the plug cords are not installed yet, so we don't know if this is a magic dock yet.

Attachments

• 71867691844__A2B0DD8C-91FA-4509-A2A0-0D4F4B52AD56.jpeg
    71867691844__A2B0DD8C-91FA-4509-A2A0-0D4F4B52AD56.jpeg
    470.9 KB · Views: 149
And yes, even with the v4 posts there is no perfect solution for all EV's and where they currently have their charging ports. I don't think any manufacturers going to NACS have gone into details yet, but hopefully all will relocate their charging ports to left-rear or front right corners in the updated models....

I wish Tesla would convert to front-right configuration. That would help a lot with things like bike racks and cars w/trailers parking sideways.

• Funny
Reactions: ChrisC and ai4px
All done! Fences down and construction equipment gone. Just waiting to be commissioned. View attachment 982127View attachment 982128View attachment 982129

Great photos! If you swing by again, take a photo of the cabinet’s spec sheet. It’ll be located somewhere on the side of the white boxes. This will give us more information about how much power these can deliver. Also, if you could take a photo of the handle and the handle’s plug, that’ll let us know if it’s rated for 1000v!

Great photos! If you swing by again, take a photo of the cabinet’s spec sheet. It’ll be located somewhere on the side of the white boxes. This will give us more information about how much power these can deliver. Also, if you could take a photo of the handle and the handle’s plug, that’ll let us know if it’s rated for 1000v!
Appears to be V3 cabinets. 250KW. No info on charging handle.
IMG_7093.jpeg

Stopped by this evening. Tesla Rep was there working on cabinets. Said it'll be online "really soon" in typical Tesla fashion lol.

We did find out that the cables aren't long enough to reach Rivian's R1Ts when backed in for the side mounted posts. An R1S probably would work considering the shorter wheelbase. Most other brands shouldn't have that issue since their plugs are in better spots.

That all said, the center mounted pedestals should reach any EV. There were trees at this location that didn't allow all posts to be center mounted.

Last edited:
Cant wait to see it. Im sure it will make a big splash.

A BIGGER splash happened a while back there.
What is special about the Wetumpka Impact Crater?

Wetumpka Impact Crater - Encyclopedia of Alabama

Wetumpka Crater Landsat Image The Wetumpka impact was the greatest natural disaster in Alabama history. Energy released by the impact was roughly 175,000 times greater than the nuclear explosion in Hiroshima in 1945.

• Funny
Reactions: Anthony R.
A work crew was here doing final commissioning on these. I guessed "not ready today" and he agreed, and had no comment on when. The stations do have CCS adapters built into them, and it looks like they have credit card readers and displays.

He was applying a small QR code decal to the nameplate next to each pedestal's cable entry. Not for public use, probably for internal use or compliance.

The bathrooms in the Target were... not great.

Attachments

• 20231024_180017.jpg
    20231024_180017.jpg
    524.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 20231024_180505.jpg
    20231024_180505.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 39
  • 20231024_180408.jpg
    20231024_180408.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 39
A work crew was here doing final commissioning on these. I guessed "not ready today" and he agreed, and had no comment on when. The stations do have CCS adapters built into them, and it looks like they have credit card readers and displays.

He was applying a small QR code decal to the nameplate next to each pedestal's cable entry. Not for public use, probably for internal use or compliance.

The bathrooms in the Target were... not great.
You must have stopped by after I did. Earlier in the day they had the covers off about half of them. I’ll be back through on Thursday. I’ll check it out if no one else has by then.

Reactions: ChrisC and BamaRed