Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Supercharger Progress

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As reported by TMC member Tyl, the TM existing/planned supercharger thread has a report of construction in progress in Burlington, NC. The construction crew says that the next ones will be in Plymouth, NC and Rocky Mount, NC which both line up with "Fall 2013" locations on the Tesla map. The site for Oxnard, CA is set with 10 bays and is currently in permitting revisions. http://www.teslamotors.com/fr_CH/fo...-confirmed-not-rumored-or-speculated…?page=20

We stopped by the Springfield, OR site this morning on the way back from San Francisco. We found the telltale ADK paint marks on the pavement in the far corner of the front parking lot at the Holiday Inn and Suites there.

Here are a series of photos of the site:

The exact location; our Model S is parked in one of the future Supercharger spots:
ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1379952833.404877.jpg

Here is where we first parked near the existing transformer and first markings for the feed:
ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1379952850.770362.jpg

Here are the row of eight spots that seem to be designated for the charging stalls:
ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1379952898.695715.jpg

Here is the spot marked for the equipment:
ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1379952947.296856.jpg

I hope our Oregonian colleagues will have a chance to keep an eye on this. Looks like ETA is about three weeks, based on other ADK jobs.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1379952870.542179.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1379952870.542179.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
I've updated the San Juan Capistrano status, because no actual permit has been found that I'm aware of. Instead, just a "project" has been found on the SJC website. For other projects, there are building permits attached, so I'm pretty sure there must be a building permit for this, too, before construction can get started.

Strange to see the charge ports perpendicular to the parking spaces. Usually they are parallel for easier connection. Are the cables here longer?

Cable is the same. It is supposedly for ADA parking but the drivers side would be at the curb. The construction guy said he has to build it per the drawing even if it does not make sense. BTW, this SC is now operational even though it is not officially opened.

The advantage of that particular stall is that you pull in rather than backing in. For some of us backing in a Model S can be problematic. I believe some of the earlier Supercharger stations had this arrangement for all the stalls, but that required building multiple berms to place the Supercharger terminals up out of the way to protect them from being run into. In this situation the raised berm is already there. To me it makes sense.

Larry

Some updates gleaned from TM and TMC forums:
- Gilroy expansion is under construction
- Vacaville is under construction near the Gap in the Premium Outlet Mall
- Quartzsite, AZ is under construction in the Carl's Jr parking lot (and the crew will go to El Centro, CA next)
- Holbrook, AZ is in the permitting process (some changes in conduit routing needed)