Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Quanah, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to the document it’s supposed to start construction the day after thanksgiving. It would be really nice if it were completed prior to Thanksgiving. Last year after thanksgiving the 287 route was full, I don’t recall having to wait but I do recall taking the only open stall more than once.

Anyone know the chances those dates are overly conservative and that it might be completed prior to thanksgiving?

According to the document it’s supposed to start construction the day after thanksgiving. It would be really nice if it were completed prior to Thanksgiving. Last year after thanksgiving the 287 route was full, I don’t recall having to wait but I do recall taking the only open stall more than once.

Anyone know the chances those dates are overly conservative and that it might be completed prior to thanksgiving?
If they do a temporary pallet job it may just be.

The last SC added in this area was Amarillo-East and it was about 130 days between TDLR permit and completion. I would say that having it live by Thanksgiving would require a miracle. Live by Christmas would be a lesser miracle. If it's not up by Spring Break, that would be disappointing.

Tesla's "Find Us" map added a future SC in Vernon a few months back. I wonder if that will disappear when Quanah is complete. I'd love to see both, but there are many gaps on other routes that would seem a higher priority.

The last SC added in this area was Amarillo-East and it was about 130 days between TDLR permit and completion. I would say that having it live by Thanksgiving would require a miracle. Live by Christmas would be a lesser miracle. If it's not up by Spring Break, that would be disappointing.

Tesla's "Find Us" map added a future SC in Vernon a few months back. I wonder if that will disappear when Quanah is complete. I'd love to see both, but there are many gaps on other routes that would seem a higher priority.
This one also makes the Childress V2 stop unnecessary heading west for the V3 in Amarillo, skips the Henrietta V2 stop also. I'm in the N. Fort Worth area and will save me time on my way to go skiing. All things considered 3 stops to Denver. And food stops in Quannah too.

PS Come on Buc-ee's Not Fort Worth Supercharger

This one also makes the Childress V2 stop unnecessary heading west for the V3 in Amarillo, skips the Henrietta V2 stop also. I'm in the N. Fort Worth area and will save me time on my way to go skiing. All things considered 3 stops to Denver.

PS Come on Buc-ee's Not Fort Worth Supercharger
What’s your usual cruising range and style?

That’s a 180 and 140 mile sectors and then 230 to Trinidad if you skip Clayton.

What’s your usual cruising range and style?

That’s a 180 and 140 mile sectors and then 230 to Trinidad if you skip Clayton.
Thanks for asking - Model S FSD 2019 ("all things considered" = wind & temps) I can slow to 65 mpg Amarillo V3 to Trinidad 2,200 ft climb. Trinidad to Amarillo East is no problem. Certainly have options. I am 70 - former pilot, and my bladder wasn't what it used to be haha. I always see what conditions are and use NAV system for projections - flight planning you know. I've gone to Childress at 65 miles/hr I think 223 easily. Retired, I don't have to drive fast.

On a review of the latest firmware, it was noted from a Youtube (the bastion of fact) reviewer that the firmware considers OAT and altitude on trip planning on the NAV app - any opinions on that?

On a review of the latest firmware, it was noted from a Youtube (the bastion of fact) reviewer that the firmware considers OAT and altitude on trip planning on the NAV app - any opinions on that?
I read the same release notes on some recent updates (I think I got them in the July-Aug timeframe). I have no metrics to back it up, but my wife and I both feel like the range estimates have been much better since then. We took long road trip (Houston-Niagara) in September and we noticed the arrival SOC often hitting the estimated numbers on the nose. However, that was summer driving and the conditions were not highly variable. I'm interested in what happens when your departure and arrival conditions are drastically different, like when you meet a strong cold front between Amarillo and Clayton.

Giga Austin.

We can purchase here but it’s done by fedex and docusign out of CA.
Yep. I live in DFW and have bought 3 3s that way. I was wondering about your "Entry into the state" remark.
But we HAVE had a nice expansion of S/Cs here in the last year. Grapevine S/C is a great place. Stop by and tell Nasser the
owner "Doc sez Hey!".

Here Tesla spends Umptyleven million $$$ on Tesla, Boring and SpaceX and more, brings in thousands of jobs and lotsa prestige, and
this is how the state gov't treats them. The NADA here has pretty deep pockets. One of the dealership scions actually ran for Gov,
but lost in the primary.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Yep. I live in DFW and have bought 3 3s that way. I was wondering about your "Entry into the state" remark.
But we HAVE had a nice expansion of S/Cs here in the last year. Grapevine S/C is a great place. Stop by and tell Nasser the
owner "Doc sez Hey!".

Here Tesla spends Umptyleven million $$$ on Tesla, Boring and SpaceX and more, brings in thousands of jobs and lotsa prestige, and
this is how the state gov't treats them. The NADA here has pretty deep pockets. One of the dealership scions actually ran for Gov,
but lost in the primary.
It’s entirely possible that the dealership exception will change especially with Elon‘s recent…machinations.

Looks like they are trying…. I see this behind the Sonic
D6158E2C-2125-4A43-B7DB-8ECEFEF8E096.jpeg

Looks like they are trying…. I see this behind the Sonic
Sonic food, I like. Their bathrooms, not so much. I guess the standard bio break option will be to hike over to Love's and buy another tube of Chapstick as a token of my appreciation. I'm always happy to see another charging option on those long, lonely roads that take me to the mountains, so this is a pleasant surprise. Hopefully Sonic offers free tater tots to the Oncor crew so this gets a top spot on their priority list.