Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rancho Cucamonga, CA (12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Photo flip:biggrin: Making these two easier on the eyes.... or brain!

image-1.jpg

image.jpg

Dropped by tonight around 7pm for Saturday night "ICE Watch".. Great news!! There were only two MS's charging, and the 10 other spaces were completely empty. The rest of the surrounding parking lot was completely packed, so I was really surprised there was no ICE'ing going on. I hope this is indicative of how this site will be on crowded nights.

I charged here yesterday, I didn't even know that these had been powered. It was another reason to be Thankful yesterday, because I was looking for a place to charge.
But as I was pulling out a volt pulled in and was trying to figure out how to plug in. It was pretty funny. I backed up and explained that these were for Tesla vehicles only. Thanks again Tesla for making my Thanksgiving a wonderful day.

Dropped by tonight around 7pm for Saturday night "ICE Watch".. Great news!! There were only two MS's charging, and the 10 other spaces were completely empty. The rest of the surrounding parking lot was completely packed, so I was really surprised there was no ICE'ing going on. I hope this is indicative of how this site will be on crowded nights.
I checked site at 5:30pm Saturday Nov 29. Like you, I found the surrounding parking lot completely packed, but no ICEing. However, one week has made a big difference in usage; the word must be getting out. I was there about half an hour, and there were 7 to 8 MS charging at once, with a car arriving or departing every few minutes. Like San Juan Capistrano, except no waits so far with total of 12 stalls. One family from San Jose was on their way home from Palm Springs, having charged at Indio. People looked like they were getting serious charge, not just locals (like me) checking it out.

SCVictoriaGardens7.jpg

As long as there are several cars charging, I believe ICEs will be intimidated to park there. If you see someone pull in while you are charging, I suggest you politely point out the signs. However, note that some of the signs say both "Tesla" and "30 minute general parking". There is plenty of mall security to flag down if you have difficulties.

Weekdays before 4 pm this section of the mall parking lot is mostly empty, so there should be little problem then.

Last edited:
As long as there are several cars charging, I believe ICEs will be intimidated to park there. If you see someone pull in while you are charging, I suggest you politely point out the signs. However, note that some of the signs say both "Tesla" and "30 minute general parking".
Remember at sites with signage like this you should use a general parking spot if one is available. Less chance for "legitimate" ICEing to happen to cars coming after you.

The opening of Rancho Cucamonga makes it tempting to explore alternative routes that avoid LA altogether. For instance, for northbound journeys, San Diego > Rancho Cucamonga > Tejon > Harris Ranch > etc.

Admittedly not a practical route, but perhaps more scenic and less stop-and-go.

I have noticed that the tops of the ESLA Charging cord holders are illuminated at Rancho. I have not noticed that at other locations. I think that makes them much easier to find at night, and definitely discourages ICEING.

All new installations have them. When I went through Primm, NV about a week ago, it was handy because as I was pulling up, 2 of the pedestals (a paired set) didn't have the word "TESLA" lit at the top. I assumed they weren't getting power and chose a different one. After I plugged into my chosen spot, I noticed the unlit pair had their charge cables zip-tied to their respective pedestals, preventing anybody from trying to use them. I assume there was an issue with the Supercharger cabinet that fed that pairing, but it was nice to be able to see from afar that they weren't working properly rather than parking in one of those spots only to be disappointed.

... [in] Primm, NV ... 2 of the pedestals (a paired set) didn't have the word "TESLA" lit at the top. I assumed they weren't getting power and chose a different one.

Perhaps the two dead chargers is explained by this photo! :scared:
IMG_0266r.jpg
Their description of the unit seems pretty blunt to me!

PS: I never noticed until just now that the "top heavy" symbol looks very much like the Tesla logo!

Last edited: