Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rancho Cucamonga, CA (12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So Fontana has been open for a few months and this supercharger location is still ALWAYS full. I can't figure out why....

Probably people still go to RC out of habit, or to visit the mall, or because the food is better. Maybe they hope for faster charging (except when it's near full you may get slower charging than the 72kW urban chargers).

RC is more likely to be on someone's route when headed east or west.

But if you need to stay on 210 and you need to detour to RC or Fontana, Fontana is actually faster to reach because it's closer to the freeway.

Heads up.

Zero Tesla’s Charging at the RC SC location (a rare sight) likely due to 0/4 chargers we tried worked, plus, the charging door would not open remotely from pressing the SC handle. No signs posted but likely being maintained (or hopefully upgraded). Will update later if a change is seen later this afternoon.

A few months ago, I saw a line going through the SC icon on the map to indicate that it was temporarily out of service, but interestingly, I was able to still charge that day. Today, however, there was no indication of maintenance or service.. at least not at the time of this posting.

It is not showing the number of available chargers at Rancho on the app right now. So it must be down. Fontana, on the other hand, is over half full at 10:30am in the morning... looks like everyone went there LOL.
I sort of doubt Tesla'd actually do this, but intentionally taking a routinely over-busy supercharger off-line for a few days could actually be a good strategy to speed the shift of users to a new, underutilized location. People are creatures of habit and, unless the benefits are overwhelmingly obvious, plenty of them might not actually sit down and really consider whether they'd be saving time on the whole by charging at some new spot. But get them acclimated to using the new location and a good portion of them may continue doing so after you reopen the original chargers.

just a matter of demand and supply. San Diego had one supercharger for the longest time. And between LA and SD there was only one station with 7 stalls. Both were full almost all the time. Now there are many more stations with up to 21 stalls. Yet those two original stations are still full. Its similar to building new roads. Once they are built the traffic is just as bad.

HALF of these Superchargers were broken yesterday. I ended up going to the Fontana one.

I can verify that half were still down as of this morning when we stopped by.

Will be using the Fontana Falcon Ridge urban chargers if/when I pass through this area again. I’ve been to SC’s in multiple states and even across Canada, and Rancho Cucamonga Victoria Gardens appears to be in worse shape than any other I’ve used. Hopefully they get those fixed soon.

Reactions: KBaoBao
Reduced service all day with 6/12 chargers out. I stopped by to check it out. 0/12 cars charging (I'm not plugged in in this pic). Even though Fontana is right up the road, Fontana doesn't seem to relieve Rancho one bit.

This unheard of to have ZERO cars there. Everytime I bring up my charge screen Rancho shows and even at 4 am it will always have several cars, except for today.

012202003446.jpg

Reduced service all day with 6/12 chargers out. I stopped by to check it out. 0/12 cars charging (I'm not plugged in in this pic). Even though Fontana is right up the road, Fontana doesn't seem to relieve Rancho one bit.

This unheard of to have ZERO cars there. Everytime I bring up my charge screen Rancho shows and even at 4 am it will always have several cars, except for today.

View attachment 499277
It’s situations like this that makes long distance driving an anxiety. Like if you cant make it to yermo but to Barstow. You get there and it’s down. You are screwed hoping there is a nearby L2 to charge enough to get to the next SC.

It’s situations like this that makes long distance driving an anxiety. Like if you cant make it to yermo but to Barstow. You get there and it’s down. You are screwed hoping there is a nearby L2 to charge enough to get to the next SC.
Good thing there’s 24 working chargers just 4 miles north at Falcon Ridge.

I’ve mentioned to the RC service center about how often the VG superchargers are down and he said it’s being looked into. I also spoke with one of the repair techs working at VG’s SC site and he said that it goes down as frequently as it does due to overuse.

There really needs to be at least a half dozen or more at that location with the amount of use it gets. If not there, then perhaps another SC station at the 15/60 Eastvale area to hopefully alleviate some of the wear & tear at this location.

Last edited:
There really needs to be at least a half dozen or more at that location with the amount of use it gets. If not there, then perhaps another SC station at the 15/60 Eastvale area to hopefully alleviate some of the wear & tear at this location.

this location is not a good location. The mall itself is not easy to navigate to when coming from the freeway for one, couple that with it being right next to the movie theaters and let’s not even consider going there around Christmas, it’s a mess.

A much better location would be on the east side of the 15 freeway closer to the 10 or off Jurupa and the 15 as it would allow easy access travelers from the 15, 60 and 10

this location is not a good location. The mall itself is not easy to navigate to when coming from the freeway for one, couple that with it being right next to the movie theaters and let’s not even consider going there around Christmas, it’s a mess.

A much better location would be on the east side of the 15 freeway closer to the 10 or off Jurupa and the 15 as it would allow easy access travelers from the 15, 60 and 10
I agree that Jurupa would be an excellent additional location, especially with all of the Eastvale build up. Those traveling through the Chino Hills/Pomona area would also benefit from having an SC at the 71/60.

While we’re discussing additional locations, I’d love to see an SC station put in at any of the following locations: Cherry Valley exit where the new shopping center is going in just east of the 60/10/79 interchange, the existing shopping center at the County Line exit, Calimesa, or at the empty lot just north east of the Beaumont Ave exit. Any of these 3 locations would split the distance between the SC’s at Cabazon & Inland Center, San Bernardino, providing an option to bypass Victoria Gardens and/or Cabazon when traveling east/west on the 10. Cabazon, like Victoria Gardens, is a high traffic, limited-to-80%-high-usage location, due to the Palm Springs & Palm desert SC’s being located so far off the freeway.

Last edited:
Reactions: Obsoletion
Beaumont V3 Supercharger is now on the in car map. Certainly this will relieve the over burdened Cabazon and possibly even some load of SBDO (myself have charged at SBDO a few times to avoid Cabazon).

But will this do anything for Cucamonga?

If you're on the 210 to 10 route then yes, but I still feel most users at Cucamonga are on the way back from Vegas.

Supercharger - Beaumont, CA - E 2nd Street (under construction June 2020, 20 V3 stalls)