Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rancho Cucamonga, CA (12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, this is great. I am from the Bay Area wanting to go to Phoenix. With Indio finally on line, I can go from Tejon Ranch SC to Indio SC w/o going into Hawthorn for a charge through the LA traffic. I was advised by some members in the Indio SC thread that should be doable be cause it is a downhill route. But what about going back from Indio to Tejon Ranch with an elevation gain of 1200'? I was quite worry about that. Rancho Cucamonga is the perfect charge point for the route. Can't wait.

Wow, this is great. I am from the Bay Area wanting to go to Phoenix. With Indio finally on line, I can go from Tejon Ranch SC to Indio SC w/o going into Hawthorn for a charge through the LA traffic. I was advised by some members in the Indio SC thread that should be doable be cause it is a downhill route. But what about going back from Indio to Tejon Ranch with an elevation gain of 1200'? I was quite worry about that. Rancho Cucamonga is the perfect charge point for the route. Can't wait.
I've done it a couple of times, and it is doable...with care. The climb out of the valley is scary, but once you hit the downslope, all is well again. Speed limit -5 works. And once Rancho Cucamonga is opened, 80mph the who way!

It's 211 from Indio CA to Tejon Ranch CA so max charge prior to departure. In either direction you will have to watch your mileage a little in an 85kWh. The southbound climb from Tejon Ranch to the top of the grapevine (15 miles) will cost you 40 miles in range traveling 65-70. The good thing is that you will gain it back on the backside. Just set your cruise at 65-70 and let it do the work for you. It is the same in reverse although it can get :scared: as you climb up the grapevine on your way to Tejon Ranch. I've been at 6 miles remaining with 17 to go as I approach the (15 miles to go point to Tejon Ranch) then only 4 when I finally got to the top (15 to go mile mark).... and when I finally stopped at Tejon Ranch I had 12 miles of range with, obviously 0 miles left to get there. That is some serious downhill regen all the way to the valley floor as you head north. The weather did not play a factor it was 65 degrees outside. Rancho Cucmuonga will take all the :scared: out of the trip once that supercharging site is complete!! Be really, really, really range cautious in winter using the heat.

Screen Shot 2014-09-29 at 2.51.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-09-29 at 2.53.16 PM.png

I'm thinking Downtown & a new dot in Beaumont, but its hard to tell.

Attachments

• superchargerlandingpagemaps_comingsoon-11072014.jpg
    superchargerlandingpagemaps_comingsoon-11072014.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 499
Last edited:
I think this is a great location. Not just convenient for freeway location, but amenities. I do LA to LA (Lake Arrowhead) occasionally and I'm thrilled.
Thanks Cottonwood for the great news. My pleasure to buy you a beer or three for this and so many other xlnt posts.

Re: those that think the location isn't very good and want more. Just remember there are people that will complain if a supercharger is being built on their street because it's not on their block. And if it is on their block, they'd complain that it isn't in front of their house.