Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rancho Cucamonga, CA (12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped by after work today to see R and D construction working so stopped and asked how long? His answer is they will have it up 1.5 months then up to Edison
This is per the foreman there so take it for what it's worth. They did have a few smaller heavier equipment out today

1.5 month? Jeez, they can't get anything done quickly here in SoCal.

image.jpg

These guys start early, 8am and 3 trucks here already. Planter cleared and all dirt now

Gonna be lots of ICEing at that SuperCharger... AMC theatre right next to it? Oh man. Not gonna be pretty.

I was thinking the same. Macy's parking lot would have probably been a better choice as it's never full (except maybe during the holidays when everything everywhere is packed). To be fair, the location they chose is probably fine most of the time, but that parking lot is pretty packed on weekend nights.

Just returned Sat night from my 2.4K mi roadtrip visiting Sedona AZ, Pagosa springs CO, Grand Canyon south rim, and Red Rock Canyon NV, but I had to get out today to see the Victoria Gardens SC project for myself. It is just 15 miles east of my house, so I should be able to check on it frequently.

This is one big project. Trench being dug west of main location shown in previous pics.

The trench starts at a vault labeled "RCMU." The Rancho Cucamonga Municipal Utility appears to be a very small utility set up just for Victoria Gardens and a few surrounding properties. We will see if they can install a transformer promptly, like the SC installation at Truckee Donner.

This could become a busy SC, relieving Hawthorne.

Routed actual miles from VG to surrounding SC:
SJC 57
Hawthorne 59
Barstow 64 + 1kft net rise, with 4 Kft Cajon Pass in between,
Indio 87
Oxnard 101
Tejon Ranch 122 + 4 Kft Tejon Summit

Lone Pine SC will be 190 miles + 2.3 Kft net rise + Cajon Pass. It might be doable if no headwinds, but it would be prudent to add a few miles and stop at Barstow.

RanchoCucaSCtrench.jpg

There is good progress being made on the SC construction. They have most of the stalls installed now. Note that this site will be in an "L" shaped pattern, with six stalls on one leg of the "L" and six on the other. Interesting layout, not sure if any other SC is laid out like that.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414344215.899103.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414344244.566700.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414344257.709301.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414344283.386200.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414344296.346706.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414344244.566700.jpg

More pictures. I am not tall enough to get good pictures over the curtained fence of the stalls themselves. The first picture appears to be a new HV vault that will be used to convey HV power from the original RC Municipal Utility vault about 75 yds west.

The second picture shows the parking lot near the SC stalls only lightly filling up at 2:30pm Sat. At the same time the lots on the west side of Victoria Gardens were completely full. While the location is near the AMC theaters, it appears to be one of the last parking areas to fill up. The center of the shopping is perhaps 1/4 mile to the SW, but there are restrooms and restaurants within 150 yards.

IMG_0784.jpg
IMG_0785.jpg

Looks a little more like a tri sided star burst with three sets of four supercharging pedestals. Any photo updates are greatly appreciated. Please look for where they will be placing the utility transformer. It is usually very near the Distribution cabinets and the superchargers themselves. Thank you for the photos so far! The project looks to be well on its way! :cool: I may be able to get some pictures soon my self, but always love seeing even minor progress!!! LA travel area is were so many MS's are, and so many of us travel through, it is no wonder Tesla is loading it up with superchargers. MX is out soon and that will really flood the traveled roads! M will mean even more superchargers!! San Diego, North LA area, another one in Las Vegas, and Primm is almost done!
Going Tesla electric, with free supercharging is really a no brainer!! Go tesla ...GO!! You are kicking butt!! Keep up the great work!! Changing the world!!

Last edited:
What are the chances of it going live in 3 weeks

all depends on the agreements with the utility company. This looks like construction will definitely be done in 3 weeks: SJC/Oxnard/and most importantly Indio all waiting months to go live.. hopefully things are smoother since this isn't the first time for everyone involved.