Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Redding, CA (LIVE 11 Oct 2022, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like you didn't back up all the way, but maybe it still wouldn't reach even if you had? In any case, it does seem a bit tight; it should have at least a little slack to avoid stress and premature wear. Maybe they knew of the problem and that's why they still had caution tape on?
They all have tape on them until they energize the system

What lol, They're not going to retrofit them for YEARS. if ever
Yes I understand that, but if you look at the newest site plans that use these new "dual use V3/V4" pre cast stall base, like redding and dunnigan, it appears that they have a more "center of spot" bias than the old style base or 4 stall prebuilt V3. It's not dead center but it's certainly seems more offset away from the charge port side. Could be something could be nothing

Attachments

• Image 9-29-22 at 10.38.jpg
    Image 9-29-22 at 10.38.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 132
Charged there today using a Chargepoint CCS charger. The Superchargers are literally right next to the Chargepoint chargers. There were several guys working on the Superchargers, but I didn't bother them with conversation.
In response to Fnirun... good work. Wow. I wonder if this is Tesla's answer to accommodating non Tesla's in the future. Rivians, for example, have their charge ports left-front as I recall. I'm assuming tesla did their homework on this. If it indeed does work for all EVs, Tesla will be the Chevron of all charge stations!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaymc5
Looks like you didn't back up all the way, but maybe it still wouldn't reach even if you had? In any case, it does seem a bit tight; it should have at least a little slack to avoid stress and premature wear. Maybe they knew of the problem and that's why they still had caution tape on?
I usually back up until my back tires just touch the bumper. Don't know if that would make any difference in this case or not.

In response to Fnirun... good work. Wow. I wonder if this is Tesla's answer to accommodating non Tesla's in the future. Rivians, for example, have their charge ports left-front as I recall. I'm assuming tesla did their homework on this. If it indeed does work for all EVs, Tesla will be the Chevron of all charge stations!
Well again...This wasn't tesla, it was the Contractor who painted the lines