Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Redmond, OR (under construction May 2024, 8 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_1652.jpeg

IMG_1654.jpeg

IMG_1653.jpeg

Coming from WA it's been quite surprising to see them still installing V3 hardware. We only get V4 hardware in WA state going forward. Sammamish is the last V3 to go into Washington State.
Isn't that because of a law in Washington that requires new DC fast chargers to have payment terminals? That is why other states can still get V3 hardware, or even V4 hardware that does not have the payment terminals.

• Informative
Reactions: goneskiian
Coming from WA it's been quite surprising to see them still installing V3 hardware. We only get V4 hardware in WA state going forward. Sammamish is the last V3 to go into Washington State.

RE: new wa state law requires payment terminals

me: I hadn't heard of that, some details I found by googling at How does the WA State Electric Vehicle Charging Law (WAC 51-50-0429) affect site deve
Imscotty mentioned this before (please correct me if I’m wrong) but couldn’t say or point to a law just that it was being discussed and informally implemented without any clear law. In reading through the law, it just designates that chargers need to be a part of new developments and doesn’t specify anything about payment terminals (unless I am just completely missing that).

Imscotty mentioned this before (please correct me if I’m wrong) but couldn’t say or point to a law just that it was being discussed and informally implemented without any clear law. In reading through the law, it just designates that chargers need to be a part of new developments and doesn’t specify anything about payment terminals (unless I am just completely missing that).
Yes, I thought I found that when googling before. Just now I can't find it, I found two older docs that mentioned that but I can't find anything updated. . Maybe they stripped it, and I should have checked for that. So mea culpa, I guess it was wrong. I found a June 2024 doc that lists a 2022 doc that looks like it is a list of things for NEVI (and the 2022 doc does mention credit card readers).

So I think I was wrong, I can't find any requirement for general state standards - but the WA NEVI doc proposal up above for 2022 does mention cc readers.

Yes, I thought I found that when googling before. Just now I can't find it, I found two older docs that mentioned that but I can't find anything updated. . Maybe they stripped it, and I should have checked for that. So mea culpa, I guess it was wrong. I found a June 2024 doc that lists a 2022 doc that looks like it is a list of things for NEVI (and the 2022 doc does mention credit card readers).

So I think I was wrong, I can't find any requirement for general state standards - but the WA NEVI doc proposal up above for 2022 does mention cc readers.
I have never found it on google but people swear it’s a thing that has been negotiated and implemented without any type of public comment or publishing of the new “law”.

Drove through today, couldn’t stop but looked like the trenches around the posts had been paved back to the same level as the rest of the lot. Still fenced and that is about all I could see. The extra paving I thought is there could be way off viewed from 97. Might have a chance for a more thorough inspection Tuesday on the way out of town.

Last edited: