Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Newport, OR (LIVE Jun 2023, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not much progress in Newport OR recently. If the recent opening of the center in Salem is any indication, it could be a long time. They waited many months for their transformer

Attachments

• IMG_0379.jpeg
    IMG_0379.jpeg
    741.1 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_0378.jpeg
    IMG_0378.jpeg
    752.2 KB · Views: 88
Not much to add to above, but here are some photos. The SC cabinets are covered with heavy duty, anti-tamper covers. Also, 2 trash bins are in place! That's something new and different. Not many SC locations have trash cans, as I guess there needs to be someone to maintain them. There's a large concrete, in-ground access hatch that's sitting aside for now and will presumably be installed when power is run. All construction fencing has been removed from site and is awaiting pickup. No lines painted on spaces yet. Maybe they will resurface whole area first.
IMG_2418.jpeg
IMG_2417.JPG
IMG_2419.JPG
IMG_2420.JPG

It looks like the wait is getting shorter!View attachment 951869View attachment 951871 Transformer and meter in place this morning. Stalls striped, including one disabled stall. OBTW- now that the curbs are in you can see the answer in one of @Texla66 's photos as to why that one charging pillar is higher- it's outside the curb on a higher grade.
Wow! I'm going to try to go by and see if anyone's around to talk to.

It looks like the wait is getting shorter!View attachment 951869View attachment 951871 Transformer and meter in place this morning. Stalls striped, including one disabled stall. OBTW- now that the curbs are in you can see the answer in one of @Texla66 's photos as to why that one charging pillar is higher- it's outside the curb on a higher grade.
They striped the handicapped stall wrong. If you back in, the extra space will be on the passenger side of the vehicle. Not much help for a disabled driver. I guess it is better than most.

• Funny
Reactions: MP3Mike
IT’S OPEN!!!!🥳 I was the second one to charge!! I don’t need to charge, but did anyway. Cars won’t precondition yet because Tesla hasn’t put this as opened in the map data. Soon! Tech is still here taking pics for Tesla. He says the handicapped space was spec’d that way. He understands issue as he used to work for a mobility company but says people will have to angle in if driver is the one with the handicap.
IMG_2447.jpeg

IT’S OPEN!!!!🥳 I was the second one to charge!! I don’t need to charge, but did anyway. Cars won’t precondition yet because Tesla hasn’t put this as opened in the map data. Soon! Tech is still here taking pics for Tesla. He says the handicapped space was spec’d that way. He understands issue as he used to work for a mobility company but says people will have to angle in if driver is the one with the handicap.View attachment 952203
what was the charge rate and cost?

what was the charge rate and cost?
I hadn't preconditioned, so charge rate was about 35 kW. It was giving me a message the whole time that my battery was cold, etc. Once the battery warmed up, it charged faster at about 47 kW, but I was at the top of the charging curve at about 75% so that's normal.

There is no invoice available in my account's charging history, so maybe it was free??? Or, maybe they'll charge me once the location goes online fully at Tesla. Someone above said $0.30, but I didn't notice the cost while I was charging.

I hadn't preconditioned, so charge rate was about 35 kW. It was giving me a message the whole time that my battery was cold, etc. Once the battery warmed up, it charged faster at about 47 kW, but I was at the top of the charging curve at about 75% so that's normal.

There is no invoice available in my account's charging history, so maybe it was free??? Or, maybe they'll charge me once the location goes online fully at Tesla. Someone above said $0.30, but I didn't notice the cost while I was charging.
You will get charged unless you have FUSC (MS/MX). It won’t show in the car either under past sessions. But you will get billed. And speeds are slower until the site actually goes live. Kind of a testing phase for a bit.

Took a bit of scrolling and zooming in and out to show the location in the app.
1688230094621.png

Reactions: Texla66