Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Robbinsdale MN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like the transformer cabinets are being installed today.
IMG_20190508_093402.jpg
IMG_20190508_091738.jpg

Hopefully Xcel isn't a bottleneck, because this station is coming together really fast. Will be a nice option for my wife and I. We both work within 10-15 minutes of this location on the West side of the metro. Now we just need a 2nd Tesla so we don't have to negotiate over who gets the car and who gets the horse every day. ;)

I checked them out over the weekend and looks like the the hole behind the curb has been filled in with cement now.

Also there are slot paint markings now, that look super worn.

I don't know if they painted them and they got worn super quick.

Or if they were already there and we just didn't see because the ground was so dirty

I forgot, this Hyvee and Starbucks and such are fairly recently built. If you get to the right spot on Google maps street view you can still see the whole area under construction. Hyvee seems to have a working relationship with Tesla, there are quite a few Superchargers at Hyvees. So I'm not surprised to see this Supercharger pop up. It might have been planned from the beginning. Hopefully it's online soon! This station should be well utilized in the Western Twin Cities. Seeing more and more Teslas on the road all the time.

I saw this blue tube in earlier photos above and on Sunday this week I saw it buried behind the supercharger pads with black tubes coming off of it. Could this be for liquid cooling for V3?? Or is it just temporary to drain water out as they back-fill the trench? Pic attached.

Attachments

• supercharger construction.jpg
    supercharger construction.jpg
    931 KB · Views: 96
I saw this blue tube in earlier photos above and on Sunday this week I saw it buried behind the supercharger pads with black tubes coming off of it. Could this be for liquid cooling for V3?? Or is it just temporary to drain water out as they back-fill the trench? Pic attached.

I am definitely assuming the later haha.

But I don't think that rules out the possibility of this being v3.

• Disagree
Reactions: ItsNotAboutTheMoney
I am definitely assuming the later haha.

But I don't think that rules out the possibility of this being v3.

The only thing that gives me pause is that they buried it behind the pads and there's a black pipe off a T junction that's buried too. If they were draining it out with this pipe as they filled the trench, would they really leave it buried there and why would they go to the trouble of putting in these joints? It also doesn't strike me as the sort of pipe you'd use for a permanent drainage system, but what do I know. I'm just wildly guessing.

Meh. It happens. You dig and the surveys say there's not supposed to be anything down there but you hit something someone forgot to tell you about or you screw up and dig in the wrong place and hit something you thought was somewhere else. Annoying for all involved, but not usually that huge of a deal for a construction project of this size in these types of locations.

When you see the amount of excavation and material involved in installing something that has no moving parts and has parts that weigh very little, it seems like Superchargers are "overbuilt".

I am coming from the perspective of a guy who started watching SC progress in 2013. For example, for ND, could some type of semi-permanent, trailer based, SC "station" be installed in a day or two, having all systems connected and configured at the factory, like pre-fab homes? The stations would be moveable if local services changed, no/little excavation, less permitting/inspection, fewer delays.

Off topic I guess.

When you see the amount of excavation and material involved in installing something that has no moving parts and has parts that weigh very little, it seems like Superchargers are "overbuilt".

I am coming from the perspective of a guy who started watching SC progress in 2013. For example, for ND, could some type of semi-permanent, trailer based, SC "station" be installed in a day or two, having all systems connected and configured at the factory, like pre-fab homes? The stations would be moveable if local services changed, no/little excavation, less permitting/inspection, fewer delays.

Off topic I guess.
Agree this is off topic. The answer is yes. There were two superchargers on a metal pallet in Wausau for a long time. There have been other temporary installations too. That there aren't more of them tells us there are other issues that are not obvious.