Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Robbinsdale MN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it on your navigations yet? People seem to know it’s open! Even S3X at the Supercharger (Photo from PlugShare)
F7288603-8526-4646-8302-D5BD64B6D507.jpeg
5647C422-5397-4942-BA7E-FCDAEB8EF226.jpeg

I didn't charge last night so I can go check it out today. I'll probably still have around 40% SoC, but will still be interesting to see where my power peaks. I'm on 2019.20.2.1 and I heard that this update increased the length of time the car charges at higher power levels and decreased the time to ramp power up. Mine is a Model 3 LR AWD.

I didn't charge last night so I can go check it out today. I'll probably still have around 40% SoC, but will still be interesting to see where my power peaks. I'm on 2019.20.2.1 and I heard that this update increased the length of time the car charges at higher power levels and decreased the time to ramp power up. Mine is a Model 3 LR AWD.

40-90% in a little over a half hour.

20190621_115828.jpg

What’s the best option for Tesla charging for an Airbnb stay near the Mall of America? Is that the Robbinsdale SC location?

Probably given the specific nature of your question. But if you're driving in from DC then you could use the one in Oakdale before heading into town. Be aware that it is a very popular spot though and the last time I was there all the slots were full with people charging.

There are quite a few places right around the Mall with L2 and Tesla destination chargers if that is a possibility for you.

I go to a conference there each year and drive in from Michigan. I usually just charge up outside of town and then leave my car parked at the hotel (where there is no charging) and don't bother charging up again until I leave town. That works for me as I don't do any driving while I'm there.

Lastly, there is a Tesla Service center only a few miles from the mall....and I've gotten them to charge my car before. Of course I did have to buy some new tires to get that done...so...probably not the least expensive option...but I did need new tires anyway. :)

• Informative
Reactions: KenF and Darren S
What’s the best option for Tesla charging for an Airbnb stay near the Mall of America? Is that the Robbinsdale SC location?

There are several L2 chargers in that area but only four stalls open to the general public at the MOA and the rest at hotels. Check out PlugShare for more info on that. But, yeah, Oakdale or Robbinsdale would likely be more convenient overall unless you're already going to be parked at the MOA for multiple hours.

I would recommend the destination chargers at AC Hotel next to MOA -- there are 10 of them in the parking ramp and you can get quite a bit of charge in a couple hours of visiting the MOA. You can ask the front desk and they are usually okay with visitors using them even if you don't stay at the hotel.

Otherwise there are only two Superchargers in the Twin Cities and I would say Oakdale is the easier one to get to from MOA as its right off the highway.