Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Russell, KS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like they just put this up recently. Does anyone have any info on this yet?
1665508738098.png

With Abeline going live (or at least us noticing that it went live) this week, I was wondering what the status of Russell was. I just got off the phone with Roger in the the Building, Planning, & Zoning department there in Russell. Details he provided were as follows.

• Address: 1219 S Fossil St, Russell, KS 67665
  • Permit was submitted and approved
  • Construction has NOT started yet
Edit: Sonic restaurants don’t generally have public restrooms, but there is a Days Inn right next door that should have a restroom available 24 hours a day.

Last edited:
With Abeline going live (or at least us noticing that it went live) this week, I was wondering what the status of Russell was. I just got off the phone with Roger in the the Building, Planning, & Zoning department there in Russell. Details he provided were as follows.

Edit: Sonic restaurants don’t generally have public restrooms, but there is a Days Inn right next door that should have a restroom available 24 hours a day.
I’m sure the Days Inn will love people coming over from Sonic to use their restroom. /s

Reactions: ElectricIAC

Thats good.. Now we either need Hays to upgrade to V3 (there is soo much space there) or add another location close to Hays. Then we can do V3 straight through KS

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Checked out this location on Friday. There are a few fairly fresh utility flags in the lawn, south side of the Sonic. Don’t know if this is in connection with the installation. We also scouted around other buildings at the Russell exit. Didn’t notice anything of interest.

Russell, KS

Host Type: Restaurant
Host: Sonic
Along Primary Interstates: I-70
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-40, US-281
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-70

To: Salina, KS (v2) - 68.6 miles
Diversion: 0.9 miles
To: Abilene, KS - 90.8 miles

US-40

To: Salina, KS (v2) - 68.6 miles
Diversion: 0.8 miles
To: Abilene, KS - 90.8 miles

US-281

To: Grand Island, NE (v2) - 166.2 miles
Diversion: 0.1 miles
To: Jamestown, ND - 620.8 miles

V3-Splitter on I-70, dividing a 94 mile gap between two old 6-stall v2 Superchargers.

On US-281, partially splitting a large gap, making a reasonable connection to Grand Island, NE.

Also on US-40, which is concurrent with I

This Sonic does have a public restroom.