Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego, CA (Qualcomm / Pacific Heights Blvd., 12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anything new this Monday, 20 April?
Thanks.

They are fixing more mistakes. (I don't mean to blame the supercharger crew, though. It may be these mistakes belong to the crew that built the parking lot.)

They're moving a portion of the island, which was in the way of one charging stall (based on the conduit location), and moving a drain, which was in the way of another charging stall. SDG&E is also on site today, but it looks like they are just making preparations. There is still no transformer on site.

This picture from Mark from this morning:

11174298_10153284878448478_4820357316282129928_o.jpg

Thanks for the great hi-res picture. Zooming in, one can see quite a few details.

With three steps forward, and perhaps 2 steps back, it is making progress.
Too bad somebody misplaced the island on the upper left.

So, it appears that there is still a fair amount to be done.
Perhaps another month, maybe the end of May if most goes well.

Thanks for the great hi-res picture. Zooming in, one can see quite a few details.

With three steps forward, and perhaps 2 steps back, it is making progress.
Too bad somebody misplaced the island on the upper left.

So, it appears that there is still a fair amount to be done.
Perhaps another month, maybe the end of May if most goes well.

Except for the variance of transformer install, it looks a lot closer than that. If this were a Supercharger in Kansas in an existing parking lot, my estimate would be 1-2 weeks. Of course SDG&E does not nave a stellar record on quick transformer installs; maybe this location will be the exception...

The rest of the parking lot looks complete!

Except for the variance of transformer install, it looks a lot closer than that. If this were a Supercharger in Kansas in an existing parking lot, my estimate would be 1-2 weeks. Of course SDG&E does not nave a stellar record on quick transformer installs; maybe this location will be the exception...

The rest of the parking lot looks complete!

I agree, it's pretty close, assuming they don't make any more screw-ups. Unfortunately, they don't seem to be working full time on this, either, so who knows. Yesterday, they started excavating the conduit in the island, where the pedestals will go. They got three of them excavated yesterday, but it looks like no progress has been made yet this morning.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I don't think the same circumstances that delayed SDG&E in SJC exist here. In SJC, they had to negotiate right-of-way for the high voltage connection, and it was quite a long connection. In this case, I believe the connection in on property and nearby.