Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego, CA (Qualcomm / Pacific Heights Blvd., 12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I swung by the San Diego (Sorrento Mesa) Supercharger late last night (Wed May 13). As others have reported, the parking lot is still not accessible and the SC pedestals are not powered yet as evidenced by the unlit logos on the pedestals in this iPhone photo.

IMG_0420.JPG

There is other unrelated construction at the site, but the Supercharger certainly looks to be complete. Not long now...

There is other unrelated construction at the site, but the Supercharger certainly looks to be complete. Not long now...

The other construction is mostly wrapping up. They've taken down most of the construction fencing, and replaced it with caution tape. There's still a section of site, on the opposite side of the new building from the parking lot, that will still be fenced off for a while more. I'm not really sure what the holdup is on the parking lot. Perhaps they are waiting to paint and open it because they still need the area for staging.

I predict this is going to be a VERY busy site when they throw the switch! I wonder how much pressure this will take off the always-crowded San Juan Capistrano site...which, BTW, had half the slots filled by non-Tesla cars last weekend during what looked to be a Cinco De Mayo celebration.

Related comment: How many have seen the fabulous SC activity monitor at the Tesla Design Center in Hawthorne? That is a wonderful display of what is happening at SCs around the planet. It would be a lot of fun to make this into a screensaver for Tesla owners and fans. I will send a note to Tesla on this.

I was told recently, by a friend who stopped by Hawthorne, that the SC Activity Display is gone.

Previously, I stopped by there twice, primarily to see the display, but it was Off both times.

If Tesla does not put that display online for us to see, at least they
could make it available in every Tesla Store. It would be a great
attraction and an excellent sales tool.

Last edited:
I was told recently, by a friend who stopped by Hawthorne, that the SC Activity Display is gone.

Previously, I stopped by there twice, primarily to see the display, but it was Off both times.

If Tesla does not put that display online for us to see, at least they
could make it available in every Tesla Store. It would be a great
attraction and an excellent sales tool.

correct, the display is turned off. There is also a sign stating "no photography"

Hey guys, how about continuing the discussion of the Hawthorne lobby SC display screen in the Hawthorne Supercharger thread at Supercharger - Hawthorne - Page 16

i just spent an hour cleaning up the threads in this California SC forum and now need to go to work. ;-)

As as soon as the new San Diego SC goes live I will update the title of this thread. So keep checking!

Thanks,

Your friendly California forum moderator :)

Hey guys, how about continuing the discussion of the Hawthorne lobby SC display screen in the Hawthorne Supercharger thread at Supercharger - Hawthorne - Page 16

i just spent an hour cleaning up the threads in this California SC forum and now need to go to work. ;-)

As as soon as the new San Diego SC goes live I will update the title of this thread. So keep checking!

Thanks,

Your friendly California forum moderator :)

Good job, ecarfan! I appreciate all of the mods and the job they do. This is by far the best forum I visit, and it's in no small measure due to the thoughtful dedication of the mods. Well done!

Can I make a suggestion as to the title when the SC does finally go live? While the SC is indeed on Pacific Heights Blvd, Pacific Heights is actually a San Francisco neighborhood. The neighborhood around this SC is more correctly named Sorrento Mesa. Here is the head of the associated Wikipedia entry...

Sorrento Mesa is a neighborhood in northwestern San Diego, California. It lies north of Carrol Canyon Road, east of Interstate 805, west of Camino Santa Fe, and south of a canyon locally known as Lopez Canyon. The San Diego Police Department's neighborhood map shows Sorrento Mesa as part of the Sorrento Valley neighborhood.

Consistent with other Supercharger threads, can we title this one "Supercharger - San Diego / Sorrento Mesa", on the expectation that there will be other San Diego Superchargers in the future?

Can I make a suggestion as to the title when the SC does finally go live? While the SC is indeed on Pacific Heights Blvd, Pacific Heights is actually a San Francisco neighborhood. The neighborhood around this SC is more correctly named Sorrento Mesa.

+1.

I think this is the only SC thread title based on the street name (and not even all of the street name, as it leaves off the "Blvd" part).

I might go with "Supercharger - San Diego / Sorrento Valley" as more people in the SD area probably recognize Sorrento Valley, than the more specific Sorrento Mesa.

+1.

I think this is the only SC thread title based on the street name (and not even all of the street name, as it leaves off the "Blvd" part).

I might go with "Supercharger - San Diego / Sorrento Valley" as more people in the SD area probably recognize Sorrento Valley, than the more specific Sorrento Mesa.

Sorrento Mesa is more correct than Sorrento Valley, so Sorrento Mesa is my vote. I think it will still be widely recognized by locals. I don't agree that Mesa is more specific than Valley.

Sorrento Mesa is more correct than Sorrento Valley, so Sorrento Mesa is my vote. I think it will still be widely recognized by locals. I don't agree that Mesa is more specific than Valley.

It does not really need to be very specific, just needs to distinguish it from the San Diego SC in North country, the one Downtown and the one in East Country. :)

I've lived in San Diego for over 30 years, and I did not know that area was Sorrento Mesa, I've always called it Sorrento Valley. I even worked within a block of the SC site for almost 10 years (back in the late 80's) and we never called it Sorrento Mesa.

Also, the coaster station is the "Sorrento Valley Coaster Station", the Post office is the "Sorrento Valley Post Office" and searching for "Sorrento Valley" works better in google maps.

valley.JPG
mesa.JPG

Last edited:
It does not really need to be very specific, just needs to distinguish it from the San Diego SC in North country, the one Downtown and the one in East Country.

I've lived in San Diego for over 30 years, and I did not know that area was Sorrento Mesa, I've always called it Sorrento Valley. I even worked within a block of the SC site for almost 10 years (back in the late 80's) and we never called it Sorrento Mesa.

Also, the coaster station is the "Sorrento Valley Coaster Station", the Post office is the "Sorrento Valley Post Office" and searching for "Sorrento Valley" works better in google maps.

Yeah, but the post office and the Coaster station are actually in a valley, where as the supercharger is on a mesa. I can find lots lot of references to both names, but Sorrento Mesa is more correct for this location, IMO. It's not in a valley at all! I think most people will understand, either way, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Or we could avoid the whole debate and call it Mira Mesa, because that's what the sign says when you get off the freeway. It's certainly part of the Mira Mesa Community Plan.