Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego, CA (Qualcomm / Pacific Heights Blvd., 12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Assuming that there are some (6 here) 30-minute general parking spaces,
it would have been better to power all of these with the "B" arches, so
that even when all the "30-min" spaces were ICEd, all of the "paired" ("A")
Charging-Only spaces would have the full SC charging current available.

That is a really good idea.

Even if they did not do that in the case, it's probably still worth suggesting to Tesla for future sites.

Haha well i though some people were getting in before the opening. If i remember correctly the contruction guy said he didnt know how they got in with the gate blocked off. So i naturally went to find out. Maybe the contruction guy was not thinking or remembering correctly, but that is what i heard.

- - - Updated - - -

See my above response. Maybe maybe not. But i wanted to see if it was possbile doing it my way and it is. Maybe they were there at weird odd hours. Hey when someone need a charge, they need a charge. Hahah. But you are right it can be a safty issue.

I haven't seen anyone get in this way. Did you? The other gate is often open during the day, though it was closed most of today. Still I wouldn't advise going through the gate. You would technically be trespassing.

Locals charging? IMO non-issue.
dead-horse.gif

Yeah for sure. I just hope those qualcomm tesla owner would be curtious and move their tesla when they are done. I suspect some might just leave it there the whole time and move it once they get out of work.

When I still worked there, and there were about 50 Leaf/Volt/Tesla owners juggling for 4 charging spots, there was a very active and cooperative mailing list for people to organize sharing the spots. I don't think it is likely to have changed that much. I guess time will tell.

The folks who built the adjacent buildings say this is a "City Permit Nightmare". Once recent issue is the quality of the concrete in the curbs!(?)

Anyway, it looks very close to completion. We have friends in Van Nuys who will love this facility when they travel to our destination town